Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
The outfitters I hunt with are BC residents. As are the guides. If there are many foreigners who own hunting areas, maybe BC residents should address that if it is an issue.

Again, as a nonresident hunter, I'm interested in my one tag. Not how a state or province decides to allocate them. There will never be any plan that everyone agrees on. I do think BC residents should act if they feel what is happening is unfair or out of line, but it will not change my plans on whether I book a hunt or not.

The original post and thread title is consider not booking a hunt in BC if you are an American. There are a lot of things I consider before hunting anywhere far from home, but allocation is not one of them. This is a local issue that should be handled locally. I see no reason for an American boycott of BC hunts. When I book a hunt, my money goes to the BC government and BC residents. Legally.

Its your personal decision to make all good. As a BC resident hunter I'd like as many as possible to know about the issue and they too can make their mind up. But as posted further back the back room deal huge allocation increase to the GOABC has been halted, the government now says they got it wrong and have ordered a renegotiating of this with resident hunters represented at the table. Hopefully this will all be behind us before long.