When I look at the discussion we are having I am puzzled by one thing only and it is this....
The land simply isn't supporting the game that it should be, why not?
Some want to blame the GOABC, where I hunt there are no G/O, so thats not why there is such a depletion of game.
Some want to point fingers at the Indians...
Where I hunt in 40 years I've never seen an indian hunting there, so thats not the problem.
Theres been more wolves, that has had a slight impact, but no big deal.
What I do see is a network of roads that weren't there before and there is access to every mountain top and the game simply has nowhere to go, I see guys too fat and lazy to get out of the truck and they seem to shoot stuff if they spend the time driving around.

A big increase in hunters over the last few years, this year I think it was 6 hunters I ran into that probably cant say 10 words in english and I wonder why/how they passed their hunter safety courses to get the licence in the 1st place.
Why the forestry wont de-activate the roads after reforestation is just stupid in my view.

In short there is no reason the land can't support plenty of game for everyone, like it has in the past.
It infuriates me that after a fire they dont de-activate the roads so the benefit of the fire can have a spiraling outward effect on the game within the region, especially mule deer pops.
I'm not against G/O having their fair share, but thats it.