Thanks buddy. You are just saying that because you want my more original 338 Alaskan... Don't worry, it's yours. laugh I believe you shot the old 30-06 off a sand bag and got a .17" group. That rifle is a people pleaser for sure... I remember it just sank into the bags and it was steady like a rock. I found it hard to not shoot good groups with that thing...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

It was cold that day and your rifle never skipped a beat.

I'd like to add EricM's 1951 std. to the list: "ideal old 70 hunting rifle". I built this one to be a shooter and it definitely does that. It's also well balanced. I pillar/glass bedded the action in tight and freefloated the original barrel. It took work freefloating the barrel since it has the dog knot (sight boss). I also omitted the forend screw and made a dummy screw to go in the hole so the rifle still appears somewhat original (besides the stock being from a newer(1962) rifle). I was always very happy with this model 70 and consider it a damn good build and a damn good hunting rifle. It's also a sleeper, so if you see Eric with it and he wants to shoot for money, don't do it!!!.. laugh
[img]http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x401/chiefbsa/007-6.jpg[/img]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA