Originally Posted by toad
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Every 300 I've had kicks like a fu cking mule. THIS is full disclosure. You may want to think a little more on this. Maybe shoot them side by side. That may be an eye opener for you. I've used and shot the 300 quite a lot and prefer the 338 for obvious reasons.. One of the last times I shot my 338 Alaskan (that I'm selling to EricM), I sent 40 rounds downrange with it, 40 rounds of 7mm rem mag and 35 rounds from my 30-06 fwt. I know what I can handle as far as recoil is concerned. I have fond memories of shooting one of my friends 300 win mag's 2 times and handing it back to him and told him it kicked too much. I didn't want to shoot it another time to get a 3 shot group. My other 300 win mags were given away because they kicked like mules. However, at one time I only owned 1 rifle and it was a 300 win mag. It was not pleasant to shoot. I later sold that one and gave my dad the other one I had. Kind of sworn them off because they suck. My dad still has the one I gave him and he doesn't shoot it. He says it kicks too hard. I'll tell you what, I'd love to make a bet with you that I can do anything you can do and do it better with my 9.3x62mm vs your 300 win mag. Want to shoot groups or make a kill shot? Care to make a wager? I never do this, but it should be fun. Are you up for it?? How about something easy like post a 10 shot group with your 300 win mag and I'll post mine.... wink. I'll even use blemished bullets.. smirk

you can't make this stuff up...

Most of the time you have to pay for comedy like this.