Thanks for your input, gentlemen. To answer your questions.
70 North charges a flat rate, not by the hour--for some of us.
The flat rate varies between customers.
The hourly rate was charged to six the week prior to my hunt--price was about 1/2 of what we paid.
We did get our caribou but did not exceed the weight limits for the return to base. However, we were charged for an extra flight as called out in the contract as an "extra meat haul."
The flight service set us down in a vacant area, away from other hunters. They picked the spot. In the area we wanted to go, in the Brooks Range, was void of caribou.
You gents can see the details of the situation on the Updates page of calpappas.com. Also some of my caribou taken with double rifles are on the double rifles and hunting trophies page.
By traveling with two gents who are upper income, it is only a guess we were charged a higher rate than others. Only speculation as to why, but a fact as to the prices charged.
I paid the fee and later split it with one other member of my party. If I get the refund in the court case, I will (of course) send 50% of it to my mate. As the contract was in my name, the complaint and other communication is in my name.
Again, thanks for your comments.
Cal