Originally Posted by Reloder28
Loaner?

As long as you're willing to accommodate others, they're willing to let you. I figured that out pretty quick.

"I've got lots of friends. And, the fun never ends. But, that's as long as I'm buying."
Styx

Truer words were never spoken. I have introduced numerous friends and colleagues to hunting over the years, and strangely, when it was time to buy their own gear, the interest suddenly faded.

Sometimes people have never been taught how to respect their own property, or that of others.

A nephew recently went hunting with some family members. 'Mom' had purchased a Wal-Mart combo (Savage 110 & Tasco scope) for the boy previous to the hunt. Imagine my B-I-L's surprise after hearing numerous tumbles and curses to see the boy walking in rough terrain with his hands in his pockets, rifle slung over one shoulder. The nephew never made any effort to protect the rifle during his falls, just bam! Down again. A later check of the zero indicated a 2 foot discrepancy at 100 yards. Of course, the setup now has more "character" after a 5 day season than most rifles see in a lifetime.

And that, gentlemen, is why I am shy of lending anything of real value to a beginning nimrod.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23