Scenars are great bullets, just ask Pat.

I have 136L and 139 Scenars. The 139 is the bullet of choice for my 6.5x55. I'm still shooting 140 Berger Hunting VLD's in my 6.5-284 at around 3K with RL-17; been too busy with the 26 to mess with that one. Actually it shoots too good to switch...

I think the concern my friend had was speed and how a bullet would perform with a less than ideal shot. I learned from Berger that they don't want their 140 Hunting VLD's running much over 3,100 fps., in fact their top 26 Nos load data for that bullet maxed at 3,150. I talked to a tech and told him I could easily push that bullet to 3,300+ before I started leaning on it. He then said maybe I should use the heavier jacketed Target VLD's. That's about the time I pulled my test VLD bullets and moved on.

We're thinking 3,500-3,600 fps may be a good fit for mono-metals. But, we've changed horses before and the research continues... grin

I think Scenars will stand more speed then Bergers, just how much more I don't know.

What I don't know far exceeds what I do know... laugh

This is all new to me and to those working with this round. The 26 Nos is a lot of fun, a screaming laser beam...! cool

DF

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 03/28/15.