Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by 264wm
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by 264wm

Say it taint so Joe. The 264 WM Woodleigh 160gr PPSN at 3261fps runs circles over any 7mm Rem Mag.

I will have to be forgiven for asking.... how one gets 3261 fps from a 160 gr bullet in a 264 WM,when the exact same case will not give that velocity safely when necked up to 7mm? confused

What charges and how long a barrel does it take to do that?
73gr of H570 that's my 3 shot average. I managed to score 3 lbs. of the old powder That they quit making. It does show signs of pressure but still ejects with ease. I am using a 30" barrel but when I use the book charge that was for the Hornady RN I match there 26" barrel very close.

Well.....signs of pressure and a 30" barrel...I guess I would not call that running rings around a 7mm Rem Mag.Hardly a valid comparison.

Guess again like I said when I run the Hornady load for there 160gr RN which is 71gr H570 at 3067fps from a 26" barrel I get a 3 shot average from my 30" barrel of 3095 with the same load, the 160gr PPSN which has a BC of .0509 compared to a BC of 0.283 so I would guess that the difference in speed is due to better bullets rather than barrel length.