You infidels (non believers) .... hahaha !

The 6.5 Prometheus is indeed not for most of y'allz ....
It was a challenge I jumped into simply because every single fool said it can't or shouldn't be done ! So far it has given me the velocities I quoted and others are learning that the 6.5mm bullets have another sweet spot that is not attainable in any other factory cartridge .... not even the 26 Nosler ..... ( maybe just maybe if you toss the ridiculous 30-06 length bs and throat it properly)

same thing when I mentioned I might neck down my 338 Wolverine (338-500 Jeffery Imp) to 30 caliber ! Lots of chicken little the sky is falling types predicted horrific world end earthquakes and other bad stuff happening !
Well the 300 Werewolf growls and howls 230 gr Berger Hybrids at 3500 fps out of a 30" pipe !

I recently mentioned I'm necking down my 6.5 Wolf Killer to .224 cal (63.5 gr 20 cap) and there ya go, the Armageddon prophecies started anew , stainless steel barrels will supposedly melt after a three shot group ! Hell , I wanna see that !

Bottom line is this ........
If you don't have the balls or the cash (or nil on both) for these types of ventures I call adventures ....
please stand back and watch quietly, you just might learn something ! I most certainly have , even if the new knowledge is about the "fastest barrel burner alive " It is still a cool and fun expirement and stimulates the mind with ideas for new innovations in cartridges, projectiles and firearms ........

The cartridges I develop are for me and my use as I see fit, I do not need somebody's idea of "ethics" or "efficiency" or any other such nonsense ...... If some barrels get used up along the way we'll make muzzle brakes out of them, screw another barrel on via the highly innovative spiral grooves we call threads that actually allow you to replace barrels on a whim , dayummm ! who'da thunk it could be done ! maybe I should keep it a secret ?

Anyway ....
I necked up that offensive 6.5 PRO to 7mm and further improved it to 108.5 gr h20 capacity (my version of the 7mm-300 Norma Imp) 37* shoulder and a .327" long neck that sizzles them 180 gr Hybrids at 3400 fps (3300 fps accuracy load) now working with the 208 gr Alco RBT-ST bullets , with 195's on the way ....

put that in your barrel and smoke it !

[Linked Image]]photobucket[/url]

Last edited by Swamplord; 03/31/15.

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".