Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Originally Posted by Ringman
Otter6

Suminabitch! That is a thing of beauty.

Swamplord's 6.5Prometheus inspired me to make my 6.5 RUMLN. I didn't want to open the Remington clone bolt face of the Perce action up to .490" so I went with Remington's .532" bolt face. His hold 105 grains of water while mine holds 109 grains. But his case, the Norma .300 Magnum, is a tougher case than the 7RUM case I use, I think. He gets 3,700 with a 140 grain bullet while I hope to get 3,600 from the 142 Matrix bullets.

I think his is likely to become a factory round but mine is not.

You should just go the whole nine and neck down a .50 BMG case to 6.5..... You could call it the 6.5 Uber Dumbass.... I bet it could ass-shoot ever critter on the planet. Maybe Lazzaroni or Arnold Arms could make rifles for it.... oh wait... they already built a bunch of Uber-Magnums that sucked heavy ass.... guess that's why they're not around any more.

If you need 3600+/or a case bigger than an H&H.... out of a big game caliber..... then please ring your call button so Tommy can come back there and beat you over the head with a tack hammer.... because you are a retard.

Or maybe..... it's a compensation thing.... like the 5' tall 120lb dip-schitt with 37's and a 6" lift on his F-150. Do chicks dig Uber-Mags?

I ran a Quickload simulation of ringman's cartridge and the barrel length he's using. I don't have the parameters for his specific bullet I used a 140gr. SMK. It took over 90k psi to push the bullet at 3600fps. It will be interesting to see how his results compare to Quickload...