Originally Posted by Mull
Yep, Nothing Says It Must Go FFL To FFL. I Call ATF, And They Said. That It Must Be A Store, Or Dealer Policy.. As You Only Need One FFL. And That Being On The Receiving In...Lot People Want Make It Harder Than It Is...

Does not need to be receiving in all cases. At least, the way I understand, I can ship to FFL. He works on my gun and ship back to me (non FFL). My gun to FFL. My gun back to me from FFL.

Originally Posted by Hancock27
I own a gun shop,
You buying on the internet and transferring through my shop doesn't pay the bills. If you enjoy going to a local gun shop and browsing, then going on line to buy that gun for $50 cheaper, please don't cry or complain when the local gun shop goes out of business.
Saving $50 or $100 then paying $35 - $50 for shipping and $25-50 for transfer is a way to show it's cheaper to buy from the shop, if the price is too high, negotiate it, son't say "I can get this on the 'net for $75 less!!" Try saying, "Would you take $__ CASH, right now?" And have the cash in your pocket!

We charge for FFL transfers, used to be free for military/LE but people took advantage of our good nature. They'd transfer a gun in, get the gun and walk out, never bought anything, never spent a dime in the store - that does not pay the bills.

The FFL I go to looks at it a bit differently. He says he is there all day and he knows I am going somewhere to do my transfer. If not to him, to someone else. I am spending a dime in your store. Your $$$ transfer fee could be looked at as a way to keep you in business, rather than putting you out of business. Money from my pocket to yours, even if that is the only business I do with you.