Originally Posted by WiFowler
This tread is almost hilarious, in that only one responder identified himself (Hancock27) as a gun shop owner or FFL holder. Yet the rest are telling the 'world' how interstate firearms transfers should be handled.

Bottom line - firearms transfers are a SERVICE that a FFL holder MAY offer. The FFL holder is free to implement and charge for that SERVICE (or not) anyway he or she sees fit as long as the end result is ATF compliant.

If in the end the final recipient of the firearm transfer is not happy because he or she had to pay too much, move on, find another FFL holder that offers the SERVICE at a better price. OR, get a FFL yourself and do transfers however you feel like it - again, making sure that you maintain ATF compliance. Note, in the process of acquiring your FFL, be sure to understand that the ATF will likely inspect the premise you will be doing 'business' from, require a security system, check to see if your premise is zoned for business, and require you to have posted hours of operation. And don't forget the regular compliance inspections, retention of records for 20 years, and a means to distinguish personal firearms from those of the business.

FWIW, I work in a gun shop and handle the majority of firearms transfers.

I'll go put my flak jacket on now . . . .

That doesn't mean he knows anything. Having a license and knowing the laws are 2 entirely different things, which this thread has shown.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"