"Right tool for right situation"

Can't argue with that. And I am glad it works for you. But to myself and 99% of us other guys, there is no reason to use this bullet on an elk. I want a bullet that will do the job in a variety of situations. I don't want to always wait for that perfect shot, because they come all to fleetingly if they come at all to me.

To everything you have stated, I would say that the nosler partition does everything your bullet does (great expansion) but improves on it with follow through if conditions not ideal. In fact that is the very reason Mr. Nosler was inspired to create such a bullet: a soft lead bullet coming apart on a large animal. My personal preference is that I would never use the A-max or recommend it for elk.

So with the nosler you lose nothing, and gain tremendously. Well, you might lose a 1/2" of accuracy. Big deal.

I too hunt with a bow, but you can't compare an arrow to a bullet. They don't kill the same. The arrow just has to have enough velocity to carry it cutting blades deep enough to bleed out your quarry. Apples and dinosaurs comparison

Venor ergo sum