Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by txhunter58
You post such a thread on an open forum and you will get pushback.

Please tell me which opinions, facts, or points the OP posted that you're "pushing back" on.

His implied opinion that this is an OK bullet to use on an elk hunt. And his opinion that it is OK to use on a cow, but not on "the bull of the woods". I think in his hands, within the parameters that he talks about, that is true, but want others out there to know that many of us would not consider this bullet to be adequate in our hands for elk hunt with all the uncertainties they bring with them.

That said, if I were 80 yards from an elk that was standing still broadside or slightly quartering away and all I had was the set up he used, would I hesitate. Not a second. But on that same elk hunt, if a cow presented at 250 yards with a not so ideal angle, I would have to let her walk with that bullet. He pretty much said that exact thing. My point is that with a different bullet, you would not have to pass on the second shot, so why would I take a bullet that I consider has limitations?

I'm confused, did you expect only like minded guys who agree with him to respond?

Last edited by txhunter58; 04/19/15.

Venor ergo sum