Originally Posted by txhunter58
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by txhunter58
You post such a thread on an open forum and you will get pushback.

Please tell me which opinions, facts, or points the OP posted that you're "pushing back" on.

His implied opinion that this is an OK bullet to use on an elk hunt. And his opinion that it is OK to use on a cow, but not on "the bull of the woods". I think in his hands, within the parameters that he talks about, that is true, but want others out there to know that many of us would not consider this bullet to be adequate in our hands for elk.

With his results, and the limitations he stated I'm not sure how you can argue with anything he said. His opinion was not implied, it was clearly stated that he thinks the bullet is OK for short range double-lung rib shots on cow-sized animals. And he showed the proof to back it up. How many animals have you shot with these bullets?

And you're putting your own spin on what he said about using a different bullet for bulls; he also qualified that by using the word "big."

As in, a bigger animal may need a stouter bullet. Big bulls are bigger than big cows. It has nothing to do with how you spun it, and everything to do with the size of the animal.

A wise man is frequently humbled.