Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26
I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
Post his phone number and WE'LL TELL HIM.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone
Should have sat down at the table with her and asked when she got back.
Agree - would have put you in a better place (maybe the only good place, right now) and placed the "explanatory" onus on her.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
u need to say nothing ....take him to look at the tapes/cam footage........

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BlackFrog
Women can come and go, real friends last a lifetime.

Tell your friend you'll probably lose a friend but you'll walk away with a clear conscience.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 01/25/13.

NRA Lifetime Member
okok Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
If you're CERTAIN it was her, I can't imagine anyone not wanting to know if their wife is canoodling around behind their back.

Unless they have one of those "Open" relationships and he's already aware...

Bear in mind, there's the possibility he could take her side and you would become the enemy..!

I saw her car in the parking lot,definatly not an open relationship.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Here is how the story goes by telling the wife first. She very well could've gone to the UK for legitimate business and told the best bud that her trip was a day or 2 longer than it actually was. Then okok sees her and confronts her. She tells best bud she came home early and okok made a move on her and now he is making up this story...or a thousand different ways...

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

okok Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by gunner500
Tell him, and get store surveillance of the event.

Gunner
That's a good idea. I would observe and not engage. Then report your recon intel to your buddy.

Right EE, I helped a Brotha out once in a similar situation, he said it saved him better than 60K a [bleep] year on child support and alimony. shocked fookin whores. mad

Gunner

Whore is right....I'm getting more pissed as time goes on...that BIT!H got me involved in this mess.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by BlackFrog
Originally Posted by Bristoe

stay out of it

I'm not telling the OP what to do here, but...
How do you think the friend would feel about you later down the line if he finds you that you knew about this and didn't tell him much earlier?

Well there is another side. I once was in this position and I told my friend, I thought for sure he'd send her packing. But he didn't, and instead he swallowed his pride. Well the fact that I knew he couldn't man up made it unbearable for him to be around me, so it wasn't him and his wife that went separate ways.

He really wasn't much of a friend then.

Don't ever think you mean more to your friend than his wife.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
u said it! ......maybe "he knows"....and they are not sharing with u. shocked if u really are buds...u would talk .... i've shared many a tale in a fox hole.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
boy that is TRUE.

IC B3

okok Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Just make sure your bro doesn't do something counterproductive like shoot them both or beat the shixt out of somebody. Stuff like this takes a cool head to prevail and violence ain't the answer.

He's very level headed, I'm leaving tomorrow, so I think I'm going to tell him at breakfast.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Skipping ahead, because who wants to read all this crap, I'd seize a private moment to tell her "I could have sworn I saw you at (whatever the place was) yesterday. Who was your friend?"
My next move would depend on her.

If not that, I'd stay out of it.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
okok Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
How about telling her what you saw. You can tell her to fess up, or you will tell him.

Bitch.

This.

My only concern would be it gives her time to cook up some sort of bullchit story and she can deflect and play him off as the bad guy "Your best friend knew and he didn't come to you" (in shrill, whiny-azz biotch voice).

George

Good point!

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Yeah, I like ScottTs approach and then let your buddy take it from there. Plane tickets, reservations, credit card receipts, phone records. I mean everything is easily verified nowadays even by a complete moron once you get the heads up that somethings amiss. It sounds pretty desperate for your friend but for his sake you gotta hope there is some explanation you overlooked. I would not like to be in his shoes....

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by okok
Just make sure your bro doesn't do something counterproductive like shoot them both or beat the shixt out of somebody. Stuff like this takes a cool head to prevail and violence ain't the answer.

He's very level headed, I'm leaving tomorrow, so I think I'm going to tell him at breakfast.

Just remember that by not talking to her directly at the time, that is just your take on the situation, that it was in fact even her to begin with. Regadless of how certain you are it was her.

okok Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TexasTBag
Are you absolutely 100% sure it was her?

YES, I saw her car in the parking lot.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by okok

Do what you think is best. I don't have a problem with it.

I hope all goes well for and your friend. Let us know what happened ... you can't start story and not finish it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
the sooner you tell him the better it will be.
if you wait til breakfast, good luck sleeping tonight.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Well there is another side. I once was in this position and I told my friend, I thought for sure he'd send her packing. But he didn't, and instead he swallowed his pride. Well the fact that I knew he couldn't man up made it unbearable for him to be around me, so it wasn't him and his wife that went separate ways. [/quote]

Same experiance here. We still see each other semi-regularly though because of mutual friends. I don't regret it, I would want a friend to tell me. He's not mad at me for telling him, He's just ashamed, or atleast thats the vibe I get when I'm around him. Luckly my betterhalf is very cool and doesn't gossip/bicker like alot of females, this makes her kind of a buffer at social functions. This is what I did and I'd do it again, my only advice is to choose my words carefully when talking with him ( goodluck getting alot of sleep tonight with this conversation rolling around in your head). FWIW, when I saw my buddies wife she bouncing ontop of a bass player, what you saw sounded a little bit milder.

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

"Turdlike".... in record time

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I did not read all the replies, but I had a very similar situation happen 20 years ago involving my best friends wife. In fact, I was the best man in their wedding. Long story short, I saw her in a bar clear across town from where they lived making out with some guy in a booth.

I just walked up to the table, looked her straight in the eyes and asked, "are you going to tell him or am I?" She told him the next night and they divorced shortly thereafter.

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

232 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 22kHornet, 160user, 10Glocks, 23 invisible), 1,628 guests, and 1,056 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,450
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.