Home
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...Bear_story_or_The_proper_way#Post8739123

I was glad for EVERY ONE of the 225 grains of solid copper bullet weight, and each and every one of my 3100fps muzzle velocity when I took the shot in the linked story above, which I just posted in the general campfire and general big game forums. The scene.... A VERY large, probably once in a lifetime for me, fat, bowlegged, male black bear. Quartering away and about to get away, 350 yards out.

I would not have tried this shot with a 223, 243, or any other sub 30 caliber bullet, and I was lovin my uberfast wildcat big 33 when the opportunity came along to poke this guy, and hard.

Ask yourselves after you look at my photos of this years bear and read my report if you would have made an attempted shot with a rifle that was much less than mine in power and capabilities.

What would YOU have wanted in your hands, with the always very real possibility of a less than ideal shot placement? And PA- LEEZE don't pipe up with that "I only take perfect shots" crap. Real hunting in the real woods, for really big and mature animals, does not allow that kind of selectivity.
It matters not what I would have wanted. I hunt within the means of the rifle I am carrying. If things are not right, I move on and hunt some more. Has happened more than a few times even when I was toting a thumper.
A 270 Win would have been just fine.
Shot a lot of black bears and seen plenty more die. Never seen one that a well placed 270 couldn't flatline. Bigger is nice, but black bears die easy.

Where I hunt the trees and animals are most certainly real, and if the shot isn't perfect, I pass or get closer. Sure have passed on a lot of opportunities, but on the other hand I've also never lost a big game animal I've shot at.
Originally Posted by safariman
Ask yourselves after you look at my photos of this years bear and read my report if you would have made an attempted shot with a rifle that was much less than mine in power and capabilities.

Yes.
Real hunting in the real woods means shooting critters in the ass?

Um, okay.

Originally Posted by Brad

What? You're going with the long brass Brad! I was thinking .308 or 7-08 would work just fine but nothing wrong with a firebreather if that's what you what to shoot.

Very nice bear no matter what you shoot it with. Congrats!
You continue to amaze.
And PA- LEEZE don't pipe up with that "I only take perfect shots" crap. Real hunting in the real woods, for really big and mature animals, does not allow that kind of selectivity.

Bears are not deer that flush and run after holding in tight cover as you approach. The hunting approach you take, to sit and wait them out, is the same one I take. No rushed shots at running game are typical in that scenario. Shot placement shouldn't be an issue. Bears usually lumber around fairly slowly, looking for food and such and working the wind carefully.

If I was worried about lengthwise shooting one, I'd probably shoot only Barnes bullets, although I don't think they're necessary, they might be good insurance. I get your concern for the extra energy of the large cartridge on a big bear at long range. It's like any game, the biggest specimens have an extra spark and will to live which may carry them a few more yards after a fatal hit, but they most certainly are going to go down just the same, 270 or 340, if a well placed and well constructed bullet are used.
All that said, it's REALLY nice to anchor them in their tracks rather than risk a runaway. I think of it like this- It doesn't have to be shot and live to be a failed hunt it only has to be shot and live long enough to increase the risk of you not being able to track it to where it dies.

I say pound 'em hard, especially the biggest ones at long range.

Fascinating to me,that someone would extoll the "virtues" of this Goat [bleep] and trump the chambering,boolit or placement...let alone anything else?

On the brightside however,it only took 2 day for the Bear to die, only 2 guys had to shoot at it,they only used as a minimum 2 different firearms and when the dust settled...the "VERY large" victim was only 2-inches and change from making The Book.

Should be a Country Song: "I Got Half My Bear In Two Days Of Shooting".(grin)

'ball, would LOVE to see your version of a "Big One".

Laffin'!

Too bad it wasn't a chambering the OP could shoot well,as he woulda got a whole Bear,less fanfare. Though it wouldn't diminish rubs,nor stretch a skull.

Hint.

Better song: "I Got Halfa Bear Without Much Hair And The Skull Size Just Ain't There".

Bears is always [bleep] funny!

Lots of backslaps on the freakshow, who woulda guessed?

"Hunts" like this make me shake my head like I have Parkinson's.
Didn't click but lemme guess...

Was it warm enough for a sleeveless t-shirt to be involved in any pics?

Please say yes.
You're like a psychic.
Nothing better than tatted up guns!

grin

Just thought of something great.

Boxer, you should get some skull tats and start wearing headbands instead of hats.

Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

What? You're going with the long brass Brad! I was thinking .308 or 7-08 would work just fine but nothing wrong with a firebreather if that's what you what to shoot.

Very nice bear no matter what you shoot it with. Congrats!

Just proposing the most common of Western Cartridges, not saying I'd have used it.

The 308 would have been my choice cause that's what I use, but a 257 rob, 260, 7-08... heck, anything within reason works on black bears.

But I'm relatively secure in my manhood grin
Laughing my head off..

+1.

Shame there isn't a campfire award for testosterone.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Just thought of something great.

Boxer, you should get some skull tats and start wearing headbands instead of hats.

Reminds me of this. You KNOW this is some serious schitt when the Dew Rag comes out! grin

[Linked Image]

Disclaimer:No azz shots were taken in the making of this photo.
Oh yeah Poobs!

Stylin', profilin' and buckwilin' homie!
The red signifies that I'm one of "The Bloods"�.

Hope you Crips aint offended! laugh

It was a bish packing that elk into the low rider�.
I just wonder if the OP thinks that a 260 Rem with 130gr Sirrocco's is "little". You know the combination another poster used to kill a bigger, browner bear...

Sam- You're predictions are uncanny! We should go to Vegas.

Wonder how many more times he'll post this story or links to it?
Tough crowd.

Would hate to unleash my "lucky" shirt,bitchin' hair and a Booner.

[Linked Image]

Or muse Booner Rubs.

[Linked Image]

Can see where this could get GOOD!

No tats and no Dew Rag�.

And you call yourself a " Hunter"��..

WTF?
Full confession, here, a couple of years ago I posted a story here of a bear that I shot at with a 357 and never recovered. It was posted as "I f'ked up and I am ashamed" type of story. No white knight am I, fer sure.
Safariman takes a shot at bear in dense cover near dusk, and leaves a wounded bear in the hills over night and then posts a hero story about himself and a rant about how great his cartridge choice is. If there are bragging rights here anywhere, I don't see them.
To my feeble mind, this is a perfect example of the WRONG reason to use large cartridges- It promotes the idea "Well, all I hafta do is get one inum cuz I gotta a 338 Testosteroney Magnum". And that leads to exactly what happened here, a wounded animal left in the hills, one that they just happened to find.
Sorry, I don't rant on here often but the idea of bragging on leaving an animal wounded in the hills all night bugged me.

Fred
Originally Posted by Boxer
Fascinating to me,that someone would extoll the "virtues" of this Goat [bleep] and trump the chambering,boolit or placement...let alone anything else?

On the brightside however,it only took 2 day for the Bear to die, only 2 guys had to shoot at it,they only used as a minimum 2 different firearms and when the dust settled...the "VERY large" victim was only 2-inches and change from making The Book.

I'd say that's a rather spot-on summation.
Originally Posted by Royce
Full confession, here, a couple of years ago I posted a story here of a bear that I shot at with a 357 and never recovered. It was posted as "I f'ked up and I am ashamed" type of story. No white knight am I, fer sure.
Safariman takes a shot at bear in dense cover near dusk, and leaves a wounded bear in the hills over night and then posts a hero story about himself and a rant about how great his cartridge choice is. If there are bragging rights here anywhere, I don't see them.
To my feeble mind, this is a perfect example of the WRONG reason to use large cartridges- It promotes the idea "Well, all I hafta do is get one inum cuz I gotta a 338 Testosteroney Magnum". And that leads to exactly what happened here, a wounded animal left in the hills, one that they just happened to find.
Sorry, I don't rant on here often but the idea of bragging on leaving an animal wounded in the hills all night and then bragging on it bugged me.

Fred

BINGO!
And, by the way, Scenarshooter killed bigger bear, a grizzly, with a smaller cartridge, a 260, and he didn't have to come back in the morning to finish it off. But, then, all evidence points to the fact that he can shoot and knows shot placement.
Sorry, I don't rant on here often but the idea of bragging on leaving an animal wounded in the hills all night and then bragging on it bugged me.

Fred

Cheer up, the tale hasn't shown up in the Free Classifieds .....yet.
In my best 'Most Interesting Man in the World' voice.......

"I don't always wear sleeveless t-shirts when ass shooting bears....but when I do a 340 Tyassasore is involved"

BOOM!

Okay, I'll fess. Read the post in big game last night...

Magnum Cartridge, Check
Ass Shot, Check
Long Arm Photo, Check

Where's the SCI hat?

Never been bear hunting, when I get the chance to I'll probably carry something big..ya know like an 8x57...
And, by the way, Scenarshooter killed bigger bear, a grizzly, with a smaller cartridge, a 260, and he didn't have to come back in the morning to finish it off. But, then, all evidence points to the fact that he can shoot and knows shot placement.

Safari didn't even finish the job.

Still shaking my head..
Tough crowd.

[Linked Image]

Or muse Booner Rubs.

[Linked Image]

Bald forehead or not, I think I'd have to shoot that one. It's ears look 3' apart.
This is exactly the type of story that gives magnums a bad name. Not that I care though as I've never cottoned to them anyway.
The only Bear i have killed was a Black Bear in Canada at around 100 yards and it was taken with my 280 AI and the Speer 160 gr Hot Core and it dropped right there . Bullet went in one shoulder and out the other, so don't know retained weight of bullet, but it worked and no other bullet regardless of cal would have done better.

Perfect example of using enough gun when taking out the rear shoulders....
I would not have tried this shot with a 223, 243, or any other sub 30 caliber bullet

Sounds to me like you need to start carrying one of those, if it will keep you from taking bullchit shots that cause animals to suffer.

There isn't a rifle on the planet that would have made me take that shot.

What would YOU have wanted in your hands, with the always very real possibility of a less than ideal shot placement? And PA- LEEZE don't pipe up with that "I only take perfect shots" crap. Real hunting in the real woods, for really big and mature animals, does not allow that kind of selectivity.

Real hunters make selective shots, Mark. I'm honestly ashamed that you call yourself a hunter after reading about this encounter and your perspective of it. You should be very disappointed in yourself.
Great story bro.

Next time use a real gun none of that 340 pussy [bleep].
I'm not surprised he feels the way he does..

I'm ashamed of the dumfpucks in the freakshow who are slapping his back.
Bear having to be finished off the next morning is something to be proud of? Only animals that deserve to suffer like that all night are some humans....
We did, as a group, a fair amount of bear hunting in Maine, bumped into others along the way in NH and Vermont.

The two longest trailing jobs we had were from a 257 Robert with 115 NPT,and a 340 Weatherby with 210 NPT. In neither case was it a problem with the bullets, or the cartridges. In both cases, placement was a bit too far back to be ideal.This was another chapter in the same old lesson that kept repeating itself.

I have seen a pretty fair amount of game killed with magnum cartridges from 30 caliber and "up",and killed them myself. They are capable of producing some very dramatic kills. I have noticed that this occurs only when bullets from them land in the right place.This pretty boring news,but I have found it to be true.

I think it's silly to deliberately use a small cartridge on a large animal to prove a point....I also think it's equally silly to use a big cartridge under the mistaken notion that sheer power will make up for sloppy and indifferent bullet placement. Generally it does't work.
So Bob are you saying that no matter what the cartridge, short of a 120mm from a M1 tank, that placement matters? I can hear the mob gathering now to string you up!

Good reason to use the B29, bullet just has to be near a game animal to knock it stone cold dead...
Originally Posted by SKane

Fred

BINGO!

SKane & Royce;
Top of the morning to both of my cyber friends this so far sunny but cool April morning.

While I'm reluctant to comment much further on this matter, I'll only say from a smattering of experience with black bears - I guess I've shot 3 myself and cut and wrapped another 12-15 maybe - that they are both relatively easy to kill if a good bullet is well placed and easy to lose if it's not.

I was pleased to read the bear in the story was found and killed eventually though.

Personally if they do their part I've shot my last black bear as I don't care for them as table fare - again personal taste only.

I pack a bear tag every fall in case one of the locals doesn't understand my position in a debate - if it comes to that. wink

This guy isn't a Boxer sized bear, but he's pretty good by Okanagan standards. I bumped into him in the same spot for 4 years running, but he always showed good manners and left when asked to do so. grin
[Linked Image]

Anyway Scott and Fred, I really just wanted to say hello to you both this morning and that I believe we're on the same page in this instance. Have a good remainder of the week gentlemen.

Dwayne
Big cartridges produce this line of thinking. I saw a guy on a PA hunting forum who said he killed his 460 pound bear with a Texas heart shot. He said he knew he could kill it because he used a 375 Weatherby. I think its unethical but thats me.
Dwayne
Top of the morning back at ya! Getting the old camper ready for when the weather turns warm to head north, I am getting homesick for Chilko Lake/Bella Coola area. My satellite radio station that plays Bluegrass was broadcasting from near Williams Lake this weekend, and that didn't help.

Fred
During the time I touched off the round and it arrived on site, the bear had moved forward some and I had hit, and busted up, his hips and furthest rearward verterbrae. So, the bear was well anchored, but still needed a finishing shot from Jims gun.

Here's my question: How does a "well-anchored" bear evade detection after leaving a blood trail and being searched for by two different people?
BobinNH
Hope you are having a good year and that you have lots of good hunts planned this year.
Appropriate cartridge, good bullet, correct placement, why make it more complicated than that?
Originally Posted by The_Yetti
So Bob are you saying that no matter what the cartridge, short of a 120mm from a M1 tank, that placement matters? I can hear the mob gathering now to string you up!

Yeti: Yup.

But not on THIS hunt.
This is good stuff. I'm pretty much sold on .338's and hip shots at this point.
My guess is that the protective barrier of his bus helmet was breached at some point during his childhood.
Shooting a bear in the ass is the reasoning behind use enough gun?

When I see guys at the range pull out their 15 pound hunting rigs with 30x scopes and burn 100 grains of powder trying to hit the 300 yard plate with their muzzle brakes, this is how I picture their hunts turning out.

Jesus H. Incredible.

Originally Posted by smokepole

Fred

Laffin.

It would almost be surreal if it wasn't so predictable.
Originally Posted by ingwe
[Linked Image]

Uncle Jemima?
To whomever queried about the weather, yeah it was sunny and warm. Unseasonably so. Plenty of sweat even with the winch involved.

Plenty proud of my bear and the soon coming rug.
Originally Posted by BC30cal

Anyway Scott and Fred, I really just wanted to say hello to you both this morning and that I believe we're on the same page in this instance.
Dwayne

And a pleasant morn' to you too, my friend! I think we're all in agreement that "stuff happens" when hunting. I'm generally not a fan of highlighting/illustrating the bad unless there is opportunity for others to learn from it.

Unfortunately, what's been learned here is the further cementing of the OP's daily self-aggrandizing delusions of not seeing the forest through the trees.

Unfortunately, what's been learned here is the further cementing of the OP's daily self-aggrandizing delusions of not seeing the forest through the trees.

In multiple threads....
Holy Smokes,
just saw the tale scattered over (oops, I mean ALL over) the forum.

1. Saw a bear at a friends spot.
2. Ass shot bear with uber unit.
3. Phoned a friend.
4. Went home.
5. Came back with another friend.
6. Friend found bear.
7. Friend killed bear.
8. Friend took hero shots of me.
9. Friend hauled bear.
10. Friend gutted bear.
11. Friend skinned bear.
12. I wrote up multiple entries on internet forums of my awesomeness.
13. I was voted a badass mutherphoucer......

by me.

You didn't even mention my skookum dew rag pic!
You didn't even mention my skookum dew rag pic!

You had sleeves on.....
Sorry.
Was that on the Oregon Trail Trip?
In another 40 days you can tell us how you really feel....
Originally Posted by wageslave
Sorry.

GFY
You quit?
Quit what?

In 40 days I'll be retired and headed for Texas at a high lope to lay a path of death and destruction amongst the indigenous creatures there.

In 40 days I'll be retired and headed for Texas at a high lope to lay a path of death and destruction amongst the indigenous creatures there.

and THAT is why I hate you.
Jealousy.
OK�gotcha! grin

I am riddled with remorse�..

I am riddled with remorse�..

Better than being riddled with .33 monos at 'uber-speed'... then Double J's .44...

Still only the second best azz shot in 'fire history.... JeffO's rules.
Quit what?

Sorry, you can't come. Texas just banned gay AI chamberings...
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage

Sorry, you can't come.

This seems mean-spirited......

The SRB will be uber-painful.

Sorry, you can't come.

This seems mean-spirited......

The SRB will be uber-painful.

The gay AI reference will pizz him off more than anything. ;-)
Holy Smokes,

3. Phoned a friend.
4. Went home.
6. Friend found bear.
7. Friend killed bear.
9. Friend hauled bear.
10. Friend gutted bear.
11. Friend skinned bear.

by me.

All while wearing a bad ass sleeveless shirt.
See my muscules?

The gay AI reference will pizz him off more than anything. ;-)

AI's suck ass.
Ingwe,

For what it is worth, I totally dig your do rag Elk photo. Bad to the bone, dude!

I just caught the part about moving to Texas. To have 1) Been to Africa more than once 2) lived, hunted etc. in both MT AND Texas at different times.... pretty cool.

Staying in the dog training biz?
To TEXAS?
What an idiot.
He should have stayed in Montana, with the Uber Establishment.
He's not moving here. He just wants to come down and shoot stuff with rifles in gay AI chamberings. The Rangers are on alert...
Good to hear.
You guys just don't Uber..............in ANYTHING.
Sorry.
Holy Smokes,

3. Phoned a friend.
4. Went home.
6. Friend found bear.
7. Friend killed bear.
9. Friend hauled bear.
10. Friend gutted bear.
11. Friend skinned bear.

by me.

Holy schit...

I haven't laughed that hard since my last April Fool's prank.

Priceless.

Travis
Maybe you would of had more believers if you had posted in 3 forums?
You can read sign, my friend.
Maybe help him next year.
You know that the Dickcheese is gonna try again.
It was uberfreaking easy.
He's already setting them up again over there.
WOW.
A master.
No wonder fat, blue hairs wilt underneath that bullchit ability.
If only SM was as good at selling his stories.
Quit what?

Are dinks indigenous there? I don't think so........
Quit what?

Are dinks indigenous there? I don't think so........

grin Texas deers are all dinks. Some have big horns, but they're all pretty small by northern standards. Ingwe should do fine on dinks here.
Holy Smokes,

3. Phoned a friend.
4. Went home.
6. Friend found bear.
7. Friend killed bear.
9. Friend hauled bear.
10. Friend gutted bear.
11. Friend skinned bear.

by me.

Yep. He really covered himself with glory. Good thing he was using a 340 Tyrannosaur!
If only because Bears is ALWAYS [bleep] funny!

Northbound Bear,hit in his South end(cheerio)...375H&H AI/270FS and that boolit is still going for all I know. It laced him treelength and exited the brisket. I was on the trigger and placement was a given(I've seen me shoot).

[Linked Image]

'Course,I'd of had ZERO qualm lacing him the opposite direction,as the results woulda been the same...other than momentum carried him a few yards on the poke I happily took.

Walked up,laced him through shoulders to remove all wiggle and dat was it.

Rather similar to this.

[Linked Image]

As you were...this schit is [bleep] FUNNY!

You may have a career in Nashville yet.

How about: "My Tyrannosaur can't stomp a bear 'cause I can't shoot"

Fred

Now that is funny!!
Boxer, that's a nice bear... where'd you hunt him? I'm looking to book a Canadian black bear hunt next spring.

I was thinking I'd take my 375 with 270 gr TSX's. Looks like a 270 gr bullet works good on bruin.
Pretty horrible story.

Travis
Horribly funny!

Ain't my inten to steal ANY of that Thunder,because it certainly stands out,upon it's own "merit".

If only for perspective and I apologize for it being so much bigger.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The 75gr Chronicles...and again much bigger.

[Linked Image]

Though in fairness,everyone's idea of "big" and "VERY big",is quite different.

75gr.?
Forget-a-bout-it.......
Impossible.
You need to safari more.
He's not moving here. He just wants to come down and shoot stuff with rifles in gay AI chamberings. The Rangers are on alert...

^^^^

This

Though I will also be toting the 7x57 at times.

Wait for " The Javelina Monologues" grin
Ja vay-vay??
Yup! laugh
Boxer, thats really a good pic of sister.You, on the other hand�..not so photogenic�.. eek
It's good eatin', ja vay-vay.
It's good eatin'

You're the first one Ive heard say that�.tell me your secrets�.
Don't eat the stinky ones, go for a young sow. Barbecue the back straps, use a sweet-ish sauce. We served some to guests who ate almost no meat, and they loved it.
Thats what Ive heard, sows only and head shots only�.thanks for the tip!

I was glad for EVERY ONE of the 225 grains of solid copper bullet weight, and each and every one of my 3100fps muzzle velocity when I took the shot in the linked story above, which I just posted in the general campfire and general big game forums.

I know a guy that killed a brown bear with a 225gr copper bullet screaming along at a whopping 2650FPS. From the story, IIRC, it pinned the bear in place - no tracking.

Big, silly name on/or need for a magnum rifle? Not that guy, not on THAT hunt.
Well, it's possible I just got lucky, I haven't eaten a lot of them, and they all came from one ranch in S. Texas. But they were good!!
I don't know what is better, the OP's inability to handle a big gun, or dragging an animal prized for its hide through the dirt, rocks and bushes with a winch.

Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I don't know what is better, the OP's inability to handle a big gun, or dragging an animal prized for its hide through the dirt, rocks and bushes with a winch.

And a chain around the neck....
Horrible.

Awful.

Just... no.

Travis
Originally Posted by aalf
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

And a chain around the neck....

Hey now, it's not just about the hide, you've gotta tenderize the meat, too.
375H&H AI/270FS

What??? No 223AI or 243AI with them little bitty varmint bullets? Ah I see you still just had to AI the Queen! What a shame that's just gay!

I was glad for EVERY ONE of the 225 grains of solid copper bullet weight, and each and every one of my 3100fps muzzle velocity when I took the shot in the linked story above, which I just posted in the general campfire and general big game forums.

I know a guy that killed a brown bear with a 225gr copper bullet screaming along at a whopping 2650FPS. From the story, IIRC, it pinned the bear in place - no tracking.

Big, silly name on/or need for a magnum rifle? Not that guy, not on THAT hunt.

Pretty sure I have heard about that guy too. Name is Scott Kane or something like that? Hunted with some guy named Steve Johnson...?

Tanner

I was glad for EVERY ONE of the 225 grains of solid copper bullet weight, and each and every one of my 3100fps muzzle velocity when I took the shot in the linked story above, which I just posted in the general campfire and general big game forums. The scene.... A VERY large, probably once in a lifetime for me, fat, bowlegged, male black bear. Quartering away and about to get away, 350 yards out.

I would not have tried this shot with a 223, 243, or any other sub 30 caliber bullet, and I was lovin my uberfast wildcat big 33 when the opportunity came along to poke this guy, and hard.

Yeah. I would. Lots more where this came from in the Scenar thread including bull elk MUCH bigger than your bear (which is a dandy, BTW). And all with a 'target' bullet. But whatever.

And in case anyone missed it...

.308 with ONE SHOT and no suffering. So much for 'enough gun'...

Originally Posted by scenarshooter
[Linked Image]

530 meters broadside 155gr scenar.

[Linked Image]

450 meters with same bullet and same exact result.

I've got a pal who uses the 155's out of his .30/.338 at 3200+ they work for him too.

Originally Posted by Tanner

Pretty sure I have heard about that guy too. Name is Scott Kane or something like that?
Tanner

Yeah, something like that. Hear he's an azzhat too. laugh
'slave,

Don't hardly seem "fair",do it?!?(grin)

I believe you make a great point,in that there ain't a chambering "big" enough,to turn a schit poke by a schit shot,into sumptin' it ain't.

Funny how it actually works.

'gwe,

Sissy always could mug a camera.

Thank SuperKchunt for traipsing along on all the Adventures and using her mad photo skeelz to document same.

Laffin'!

SK',

I've an aged Hornet from a Sourdough,that's killed more Brownies than you could Imagine.

Hell...more than Bigsqueeze could Imagine.

Laffin'!

'223,

Mebbe if one roots rubs around in enough dirt...they get "better"?!?

Laffin'!

aalf,

That is a Tactical Tow Device...not a "chain".

BIG difference and you'll do well to correct in deference to those marked differences!

Laffin'!

'flave,

Nawwwwwww...it's quite a [bleep] bit better than that.(grin)

Mild Bill,

I don't get to shoot as much as you,or "do" nearly as much...as I'm fraught with doing a whole [bleep] of a lot more than you could Imagine or Pretend.

100 grainer DRT,to really get your Do Nothing Day Dreaming Kchunt,Whining a bit more. Apologizin' in advance,for it's magnitude too. My bad. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Perhaps wax eloquent some more,on all the things you almost did,all the wares you almost did it with and all the places you almost did 'em.

Laffin'!

Tanner,

I've seen good boolits,in good places,do great thangs and the part of the puzzle which played the slightest role...was/is the headstamp.

Very few is worth a [bleep] with a Boomer,as this Thread poignantly reiterates,though obliviously.(grin)

Mojo,

Noone hates 308 more than I.

155 Skinner/DRT and more Booner.

[Linked Image]

Just sayin'.(grin)

I've killed four...two with a bow, flinging 125gr thunderhead...both piled up real quick.

The other two were rifle kills....280/139 Hornie, '06/150 Grand slam.

Both bullets are still going....

Black bears are not hard to kill.

Guys shoot 600-700lb'rs in Pa, every year with .308's, .243's, shooting corelokts etc...

Tony

Boxer,

I've noted, and often mentioned to others, that with all the rifles/chamberings you have/had I most often see your .223 Montucky in tow.

I seem to recall something about 'you can't beat light done right' and 'boolits matter more than headstamps'. Just can't recall where I heard that.... wink

The irony is that it's proved by all the posts of kills made with 'inadequate' calipers/chamberings AND by the stories of schitty results with those who use 'enough gun'!

Guess I'll stick with my itty bitty inadequate .223 and un-suxed .308 with Scenars...

P.S. What kind of winch you got in your Tacoma??? laugh
Boxer,
Here I was fixing to brag about my UBER 105 Max phoucing up an Idaho dink @ 350.
I near went to JeffO mode of stomp in' after you and sister ruined my life.

P.S. I didn't have to call out a search party either.
Good thing. There were no friends to call. Or cable.
Thats what Ive heard, sows only and head shots only�.thanks for the tip!

That's what she said
Originally Posted by hicountry
I've killed four...two with a bow, flinging 125gr thunderhead...both piled up real quick.

The other two were rifle kills....280/139 Hornie, '06/150 Grand slam.

Both bullets are still going....

Black bears are not hard to kill.

Guys shoot 600-700lb'rs in Pa, every year with .308's, .243's, shooting corelokts etc...

Tony

Yeah and guys in PA here wound plenty too because of those Core-Lokts. I've been on plenty of other guys blood trails in bear season, a number of which ended with no bear at the other end. I've noticed a trend during this time. And that is that guys love to use light for caliber bullets, Core-Lokts and Power shoks, and shoot bear in the shoulder. If guys wouldve just bought some Partitions I think more of them would have had bear rugs but Core-Lokts are "good enough" or so the thinking goes. Keep in mind I'm talking about bear drives here. Usually about 30 yard shots and usually on the move. Also most of the "marksmen" in question sighted in their rifles the day before bear season and that was the first they fired it since last year. Recipe for disaster. Still I think controlled expansion bullets would have upped the percentages.
aalf,
That is a Tactical Tow Device...not a "chain".

BIG difference and you'll do well to correct in deference to those marked differences!

Maybe a Mister T starter kit......

If I remember right, somewhere back in the archives one can find pics/info of Dober slaying a blackie with a .22-250. Clearly faked. Not on THAT hunt!
Originally Posted by BobinNH
We did, as a group, a fair amount of bear hunting in Maine, bumped into others along the way in NH and Vermont.

The two longest trailing jobs we had were from a 257 Robert with 115 NPT,and a 340 Weatherby with 210 NPT. In neither case was it a problem with the bullets, or the cartridges. In both cases, placement was a bit too far back to be ideal.This was another chapter in the same old lesson that kept repeating itself.

I have seen a pretty fair amount of game killed with magnum cartridges from 30 caliber and "up",and killed them myself. They are capable of producing some very dramatic kills. I have noticed that this occurs only when bullets from them land in the right place.This pretty boring news,but I have found it to be true.

I think it's silly to deliberately use a small cartridge on a large animal to prove a point....I also think it's equally silly to use a big cartridge under the mistaken notion that sheer power will make up for sloppy and indifferent bullet placement. Generally it does't work.

Best post in reply to the op, in my opinion. I took a very large Blackie on Vancouver Island a few years back. Used a 338 Win Mag on that bear. I shot the 26th bear I stalked on that week-long hunt. He was showing signs of being a very old bear. Had a few teeth left. Squared 7', 20" skull.

I waited for that bear to turn broadside and shot him through the shoulders with a 225 grain IB over plenty of RL22. No tracking necessary. I know that 338 was not absolutely necessary. I could have killed that bear with much less gun. But I wanted to use that gun. Difference is, I would never have taken a shot at the South end of a North-bound bear-- even with a gun that 'should' pull such a shot off. I've seen too many of those decisions go terribly wrong. Kinda like it did for the op.
Here...Virginia bow kill....

[Linked Image]
485lbs...live weight, it was weighed before it was gutted...

I believe he was shooting a 100grain broadhead, out of a 65lb bow.

Having a front end loader does come in handy for recovery,,,

Tony
'country,

Bears react with very little impression,to poor placement and will become traveling sons of bitches,at the very instant. In the Corral,the point is moot and in others...THE greatest concern.

My Corral,from yesterday. At least it ain't steep or wearing heavy vegetation.(grin)

[Linked Image]

Break bone and you own 'em,hit 4-Wheel Drive and schit gets ugly quick.

Hint.

Mojo,

I just might be sweet on a Montucky or two,that wears a .378" bolt face.

Withoutta doubt,I've seen more [bleep] up schit by guys gunning Boomers,than the truly FUN schit. I mean in non-lineal lightyear fashion. It's all about Placement and Boolits...end of story. The only thing funnier than Boomer round "count",would be an hourmeter reading from them couchbound kchunts.

Crunch bone and you're done...hit soft tissue and it's just startin'.

My Winch is an Arm Strong.(grin)

'slave,

Hopin' for an Energy Chart or sumptin' similar,myself.(grin)

Oh the whole Goat [bleep] train wreck of a mess,is a hoot,replete with the supposed 3-1/2+ tons of 5/8" cable in the bed of the truck,on a spool 'bout the size of a Halibut Reel. I mean..you'd think it'd take a spool wearing an 8" arbor,to be 'bout 36" in diameter and 48" wide to crowd 9200' or so aboard...but all this "fancy" schit is "new" to me.

Not that every Logger in the World,wouldn't love to be able to change roads with a haywire drum stashed in the glove box.(grin)

This schit is all sooooooooo [bleep] funny,that is IMPOSSIBLE to pick the funniest part.

Imagination and Pretend,is forces that shouldn't be slighted in their grandeur and it's always best...when folks is doing their BEST.

Laffin'!

aalf,

Finishing Kit.(grin)

'nut,

7.5'++ and 22".

162A-Max/broked shoulder/DRT/exit.

[Linked Image]
i wouldn't be bragging about a "hunt" like that. taking a 350 yd quartering away shot is foolish in my opinion. and the fact that it took 2 days and at least 2 shots to die is proof. that ain't hunting, its live target shooting. you seem to have judgement issues. stop bragging about being a dumbass too.
Stick,

You're right..hit'm right, they don't go far, but that ain't new news.

That first bear you posted a pick of might have the biggest noggin I have ever seen on a blackie. The crease in his head looks like someone took a chainsaw to it...WTF..

BTW, hows the Fixed [bleep] chronicles going ?

I see you have one on that rig in the pic..

Tony
Kinda funny a guy in rubber slippers beaching a boat and walking a hundred yards to kill a bear feeding on some lush grass. Boy that's HARDCORE! haha smile Then getting drunk and leaving his rifle in his boat all night in a puddle of salt water and proclaiming how tough the conditions are.... lol smile

Just giving ya chitt Larry. smile Nice critters,rifles,fishing gear and especially nice photography..

Seafire? Is that you?
Just phoucing with you.
I'm 7 vodkas in.
I'm going for SM level of delusion.
Seafire? Is that you?
Just phoucing with you.
I'm 7 vodkas in.
I'm going for SM level of delusion.

You better hope that is uber vodka.
Don't do drugs!!!!

P.S. uber ultra.

The good schit.
BTW,

Elsewhere e OP claims he misjudged and didn't account for the bears movement (HTF do you NOT take that into account on a long shot). Regardless, if my calls are correct a bear walking at 3 mph perfectly perpendicular would've moved about a quarter of an inch during the bullets TOF. His bear was quartering so even less.

Always amazes me the people who can't do schit, think that schit can't be done. Or it's corollary-people who do schitty things,think every one else does, as well. This was obvious in the defenders of the OP's horrendous shot and story.
Ok.
I admit it.
I phouced up on the Uber bruin.
Someone else bagged it for me. But
How about them Raiders?
Super Bowl bitches.
'country,

Been floggin' on Fixed [bleep] daily,for every R&R...since procurement. Haven't been able to shake a zero loose,nor make one not repeat and them is good thangs in my book. 5000rds+ of centerfire all told.

No Fixed [bleep] pictured and I'm thinkin' you's got Gold Dust cornfuzed with Goose Poop. Gold Dust is a 100% OEM Montucky,wearing a 6x42 and of course flings 162's. Goose Poop was a 8mm Whizzum when it left the Factory and was rebarreled wearing a PN S/S S/M 1-9" of like length/contour. It wears a 6x Fixed [bleep] and is quickly becoming Famous,rekindling Montucky 7 Whizzum Lust and selling the schit outta Fixed [bleep] to boot.

Gold Dust was my 1st Montucky 7 Whizzum(I've got 3 currently) and Sister swiped it,at a tender age. She's slammed 43" of Booner Skull and 15' of squared hide with it,in two pokes.

[Linked Image]

I reckon she'll be Sporting it again,here directly and I just might gun 'Poop.

[Linked Image]

Only have 7 Fixed [bleep] currently and reckon I'll score a couple/few more,if only in the interest of R&D.

Film at 11:00.(grin)

Shag,

I do very much enjoy The Paper Hat Brigade and their Day Dreaming Do Nothing Dumbfhukkery,especially when they get to flexin' their Imagination and Pretend. Funny how when it's all said an done,there's been a whole [bleep] of a lot more said...than done. Not that I'd wish to slight anyone their Imagination or Pretend. Laffin'!

In fairness,I ain't much fun to try and keep pace with.

[Linked Image]

Just sayin'.

Hint.

Laffin'!

'slave,

Fight the good fight!(grin)

Mojo,

It ain't ever been tough to cypher who shoots more than a smidge.(grin)

Though in fairness,Imagination and Pretend are all that many folks got.

Bless their hearts.
Originally Posted by MojoHand
Boxer,

I've noted, and often mentioned to others, that with all the rifles/chamberings you have/had I most often see your .223 Montucky in tow.

I seem to recall something about 'you can't beat light done right' and 'boolits matter more than headstamps'. Just can't recall where I heard that.... wink

The irony is that it's proved by all the posts of kills made with 'inadequate' calipers/chamberings AND by the stories of schitty results with those who use 'enough gun'!

Guess I'll stick with my itty bitty inadequate .223 and un-suxed .308 with Scenars...

P.S. What kind of winch you got in your Tacoma??? laugh

If I remember right, somewhere back in the archives one can find pics/info of Dober slaying a blackie with a .22-250. Clearly faked. Not on THAT hunt!

Mojo,

I've also noticed something here at the 'Fire... those that shoot the most, hunt the most, and kill the most don't shoot uber-anything. Funny because most every other forum would lead the casual observer to believe that an uber-something is needed to kill a prairie chicken.

I'm impressed that many here value shooting skill (and the practice needed to get there) along with time in the woods more than energy calcs or uber-chamberings. Shooting in volume, reloading, scouting, and hunting take time, a lot of time. Dwelling on foot-lbs, magnum cases, etc. seems more like a crutch for those that don't do the above.

Jason
You either use an uber 12.5 guage in 3.5" or risk death.
Chickens can kill.
Don't even get me started on tracking one.
What sort of back-up is needed for vicious chickens? Uber-handgun?
I whack them from a distance with my UBER- COCK.
But then, I am awesome.

P.S. I don't wear sleeves.

Ever.
Tell me more about this 12.5 gauge.

Sometimes I use all 12 of the gauges in my 12 gauge and the extra half might be nice. Thanks.

I whack them from a distance with my UBER- COCK.
But then, I am awesome.

P.S. I don't wear sleeves.

Ever.

Well, that's better than Safarimoron. He didn't kill anything - he wounded one and then called in a guide/friend to clean up his mess.
Neck up.
Ream.
Over-penetrate.
Then UBER AI, mutherphoucer.
If my schit don't work, I make schit up.
Then I post it all over the Internet.

P.S. PM me if you want pics of my muscles.
And by that I mean my COCK.
Jason,

You are correct. Ole Chuck Hawk may be full of schit on a lot of stuff but he's right when he says most hunters are way 'over gunned' (or 'over recoiled' to be more accurate).

I'm kinda glad the OP plastered this story on almost every forum. I'm gonna bookmark it and use as proof against every one of the dumbasses who claim that you need the 'bigger' calibers/chamberings for those 'less than perfect' shots they always seem to get during hunting and how they make a difference on 'less than optimal placement'. What a [bleep] joke.

Maybe my experience is unique but I find that shooting animals is the easiest damn part of the whole hunting experience. Locating and schlepping them out is the hard part...
The OP's story so reminded me of this cluster [bleep] I just had to share it with you guys. Another Uber mag with a Hubble on top at an 'estimated' 400 yards. W.T.F.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...s/7062641/I_got_lucky_two_years_two_bull
Since you bastids have been so hard on my large bore, uber fast bear wounder today, I have acquired a reamer to make the worlds greatest bear slaying rifle.........
The .416 Gladiator Maximus.
I see every shot in my scope.
I am still the awesomest.

I will post this on numerous forms, to share my studlyness.
You are welcome.
350 yards? I'd have taken the shot with my .257 Roberts and one of my 110g AccuBond loads. At that range they're still moving over 2500fps and carry almost 1600fpe.

That said, I would prefer something larger. My Ruger #1 in .280 Rem would do fine.

Gladiator Maximus or stay home.
Botcher,

Your material is so old that everyone can predict your next move. How long you gonna keep hangin 8-15 year old pics we've all seen a thousand times?

How bout you show us some real pics. You know the ones where your old lady blackened your eye. smile

You hard charging Alsakan [bleep] crack me up. Keep the heater going in that boat as you cruise the shores for easy picking.

This thread is hilarious.
Mojo,

That Elk Hunt was awesome!

I'm crying I'm laughing so [bleep] hard!

Wow!

'Hunter,

The headstamp was/is moot.

Ability...is not.

Hint.

'slave,

Think I'll get me a 338 Ultra now,after that Pep Talk.

Thanks!

Shag,

Very easy to predict. I'm gonna be the one ringin' the bell and you are gonna Whine and make [bleep] Excuses.

Funny how it actually works.

Laffin'!

'deep,

Oh......it's wayyyyyyyyy [bleep] funnier than that!

Ask Shag for a pic.

Laffin'!

Two words to describe you, uber douche.

Botcher,

I don't whine, and I don't proclaim to know [bleep]. I'm just sayin bro, your act is getting boring. You need to step it up a notch.

My mom is 76 and has been into photography for EVER! I turned her onto your pics. Aside from your sailers mouth we love 'em.

What kinda pics do you want? lol you poor dumbphucking lost soul.. Trust me I make the best outa the bounty where ever I live!

Just hung pic's of easy smelt dippin! But like most here were not 4 foot 11' tall and don't need a camera to impress anyone..

But just for you I'll hang a pic!
Shag,

You are so [bleep] good at Whining,you don't even know you do it. Congratulations?!?

No need to reiterate your incredible cluelessness,that's hardly a "secret" either. Bless your heart.

Do feel free to wax eloquent,upon your version of the "best" of any "bounty" your Imagination allows you to Pretend to partake. Laffin'!

I'll feign my "surprise" that a camera is more than a whole bunch outta your tax "bracket". Laffin'! What do you and your Mom,do for a living again? Re-laffin'!

Mebbe Mom can catch your crossed-eyes and drool running down your chin,so you can proffer an "action" shot?!?

You poor,poor Day Dreaming Do Nothing Kchunt.

I'm crying I'm laughing so hard and forgot your pics!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Looking forward to your next Whine and more [bleep] Excuses.

Wow +P+!!

Believe it or not! Someone caught a feesh besides you!

Although it's not in this pic. My rod of choice, old LCI's!

Ever heard of them? smile

[Linked Image]

We all know I didn't float a boat, or drive a logging road to a landing for this blacktail.. smile

[Linked Image]

Believe it or not your not the only one with kids that enjoy the bounty provided in the area!

[Linked Image]

Oh man! If there bounty I'll go after it! smile

[Linked Image]

Same kid that caught that TOAD silver on the COW! Years later a surgical tech with a great sense of humor and she thinks your number one too!! smile

[Linked Image]

Laffin!

Shag,

You poor poor stupid [bleep]...that schit is [bleep] HILARIOUS!!!! Your "best" of the "bounty" is really Bitchin'!

I travel light,while streamside and LOVE UglyStik's. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Nice platter of Doe steaks. Pardon my rolling a touch "different". Here's last year alone. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

You really rock the "bounty". Laffin'!

[Linked Image]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/SeptRRSisterCohoA.jpg[/img]

How do you find the "time" to "do" "all" of that?!? Laffin'!

Booner Salute for yet another [bleep] Window Licker. laffin'!

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Spring%20Fling/IMG_0955.jpg[/img]
[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/94/8wef.jpg[/img]

Hell...you even got Hutch cracking the [bleep] up!

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/208/bmsi.jpg[/img]

Though in fairness and if only to help your "bounty"...the OP is convinced he's doing "great" too.

BEST Thread Evah!!!

Originally Posted by at every whinging dick
sufferer's of weeus dickus.
Fair enough, the whole lot of you are the reincarnation of Daniel Boone...let's see how successful you are in this style of country.
[Linked Image]

You lot live in a hunting mecca and all you can do is piss at each other, now stop f_cking around and post some decent pictures for those of us less fortunate.

'STUART,

Now don't be too hard on the gals...they are simply doing the best they can,with what incredibly [bleep] little they have to work with. They are all Winners. Laffin'!

I'm not sure I've ever seen flat ground or barren landscapes.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Mean of you,to go swipin' Imagination and Pretend like that...as it's apt to steal all of their "bounty".

Laffin'!
Wow.. No open country like that around here.
Birds and sign.
Never seen that.
I love that schit.
LMAO.
Concerning the bear shot in the OP, I don't see where most any chambering from 243 on up would not have anchored the bear in the same fashion.

If a hip/vertebrae shot is what happened, most anything with a decent bullet would have busted that bone and put the bear down in the same manner.
[Linked Image]

Damn, I knew something looked familiar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EY7lYRneHc
[Linked Image]

OK�this is narcissistic ��.

Did I spell that right?

'Loco,

I hear,these drought conditions and withering vines...sure get old.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

'Bout enough to make a guy wanna go Hunt with the OP or catch a Smelt with Shag.

Laffin'!

'slave,

I'm with ya',I'm just here to see "all" the stuff,that the "hard chargers" get to "do".

Kinda always wanted a camera to boot,but wouldn't know where to start and am hoping that Shag or his room mate(Mother),might care to share some of their well thought out expertise. Though no I'm not so certain,after Shag dropped the ball...I mean done her "best" and went FULL [bleep] Retard. She should watch Tropical Thunder again,so as to avoid that pitfall.

Laffin'!

DD,

Were the rifle not CRF...the results woulda been ugly.

Laffin'!

'pole,

Give This A Listen

Poignant.

Laffin'!

'gwe,

I'm thinkin' it good for a couple/few Booners,some exemplary Chrome and more than a few WindowLicking cases of Imaginary Pretend Ignore...as an absolute minimum. Was busy tying up Riggin' last night,or I'd of fastened same to a beloved Filson Shelter Cloth Jacket with 15# PP and some flashy stitch work.

Film at 11:00.

Laffin'!
The OP's story so reminded me of this cluster [bleep] I just had to share it with you guys. Another Uber mag with a Hubble on top at an 'estimated' 400 yards. W.T.F.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...s/7062641/I_got_lucky_two_years_two_bull

thats a gem. spray & pray
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by at every whinging dick
sufferer's of weeus dickus.
Fair enough, the whole lot of you are the reincarnation of Daniel Boone...let's see how successful you are in this style of country.
[Linked Image]

You lot live in a hunting mecca and all you can do is piss at each other, now stop f_cking around and post some decent pictures for those of us less fortunate.

We don't have anything like that around here.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

That was someone attempting to be a comedian, Chopper Read was a lag and a bad bastard, and not the sort of thing to be used for mirth.

Read.
Originally Posted by SLM

We don't have anything like that around here.
[Linked Image]

It doesn't shock me as I am aware that you have swathes of miserable country...but you missed the point didn't you.
No, I just enjoy messing with foreigners.
smile Don't we all.
Did someone say barren wasteland?

[Linked Image]

The closest thing to a black bear I could find(sticking with the water theme..).

Little 2000 pounder playing hard to get...

Where's that winch truck?!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: FOsteology Re: Uber Funny - 04/03/14
safariman,

Sorry, I don't know which is funnier. The content of your post, or the fact that you're being serious! laugh
Did someone say barren wasteland?

[Linked Image]

The closest thing to a black bear I could find(sticking with the water theme..).

Little 2000 pounder playing hard to get...

Where's that winch truck?!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That's bullshit!
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Uber Funny - 04/03/14
Somewhat familiar with open stuff......

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

You never know though, what you may show up.....

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]
Posted By: deflave Re: Uber Funny - 04/03/14
CHECK OUT THE BEAR I DIDN'T KILL WITH MY UBER-MAG!

COULD YOU NOT KILL A BEAR WITH A NON-UBER-MAG?

PAH-LEEEEZE DON'T GIVE ME ANY BS ANSWERS.

Uber-man
Posted By: n8dawg6 Re: Uber Funny - 04/03/14
I'm jonesing for an uber mag.
That was someone attempting to be a comedian.....

Thanks for setting me straight. Here I was thinking he was just your average Australian.
Mojo,

That elk hunt was too funny. Sad really. "WTF" is right.

J

Missed that "hunt"..

Glad I did.
[Linked Image]
Uber man needs some ink...And you sure he's tall enough.
That was someone attempting to be a comedian.....

Thanks for setting me straight. Here I was thinking he was just your average Australian.

For the area he is in...nope, too white.
[Linked Image]

That was someone attempting to be a comedian, Chopper Read was a lag and a bad bastard, and not the sort of thing to be used for mirth.

Read.

Yeah... but Rick James rubbing his muddy boots on Eddie Murphy's couch will bring a smile to your face every time.

[bleep] yo Couch!

Maybe Safariman was trying to help the bear out.... you know, by beating his legs....
Originally Posted by mathman
[Linked Image]

Uncle Jemima?

Ouch, but I'll twist it in and say "Aunt Jemima with a 270..."
Now that was uncalled for. grin
You guys are too much. That ain't Aunt Jemima, it's obviously..........

Uncle Tom.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
[Linked Image]

Uncle Jemima?

Ouch, but I'll twist it in and say "Aunt Jemima with a 270..."

OK�I could probably take the beating Safariman has been getting on this thread�but that was unusually cruel�.

.270��.

Good Lord man, have you no decency?

That's almost as bad as trout fishing with a Zebco, or putting ice in sipping whiskey. grin
That's almost as bad as trout fishing with a Zebco, and a worm grin

Fixt it for you.

Now, may I prepare a whiskey for you? grin
Dang,
I may have to rock this thread with bell bottoms and my bandanna.
didn't read 1/2 the posts but a "little/non-magnum" would have done JUST fine on that bear.

My problem is people need to start hunting within their limits, just because your rifle carries the energy for 500 yards doesn't mean that you are ethically capable of making that shot at a live target that is moving when you have 0 back-up for finishing the animal off in a timely fashion

I'm not going to say that i've never lost a game animal, or every shot was perfect, but i've taken those lessons analyzed them and try not to repeat them. Your post seems as though your only problem with the shot was you didn't compensate for bear's forward movement but I think there are more things to reflect upon, once again not trying to rip you down but just thinking the internet is not the best place to brag about leaving an animal wounded overnight seems like great fodder for the non-hunters to use about how bad we all are when you goofed up with a poor decision on taking a shot which once again we have all done
Originally Posted by Tim_B

My problem is people need to start hunting within their limits, just because your rifle carries the energy for 500 yards doesn't mean that you are ethically capable of making that shot at a live target that is moving when you have 0 back-up for finishing the animal off in a timely fashion

But, but, but..he had the Tyrannosaur. And, per always, he's awesome. The rest of us pups need to stay on the porch.
I don't think that Safariman was trying to hit the bear in the hips, nor was he saying that he is not a good enough rifleman--rather simply that the bear moved when he was shooting, so he hit it too far back.

My only observation is that a hip shot on a black bear could be made with most rifle using good bullets, and as such I disagree with the premise that a big magnum saved the day.

I think the saving grace was that he did hit the hips and broke the bear down, so that it couldn't get away with a lung shot only. I actually wonder how the story would have ended if the shot happened as originally planned, with the bullet angling up through the lungs from a steep raking angle. I could see that being a real rodeo.
I don't see where there was much of an angle on the shot to take out both hips and the last vertebrae.

He said he missed by inches....yup, two foot of inches....

That's a brut. Wouldn't want to tangle with that after being shot with les than 200 gr 30 cal.. 338 even better.
mathman,

Just how in THE [bleep] didja' know it were a Zebco Day,today?!?

Are you Siekick?

[Linked Image]

Laffin'!

aalf,

A miss is as good as a mile.

Or "2 miles" of 5/8" on a Halibut Reel in the back of the crummy.

Laffin'!
But, but, but..he had the Tyrannosaur.

That's the irony of it all. So many people think that an "uber-magnum" provides a certain margin of error for a shot. In this case, super-duper weight and super-duper speed on them boolits smile wasn't enough to cover the error.

As I said to Murphy on the AOD one time, how big a cartridge is necessary to accomodate an F'd up shot?

The problem for many is the "oh look at me - I'm an awesome hunter" attitude that comes across in the posts. it just doesn't add up thataway.

Nice bear, congrats, but if you do that again - don't post it.

As a wise sage on this forum likes to say, and repeat after me:

Placement>>>Bullet>>>Cartridge
Good mantra, there.
Originally Posted by ironbender

The problem for many is the "oh look at me - I'm an awesome hunter" attitude that comes across in the posts. it just doesn't add up thataway.

I got a different slant from the yarn, namely that the original Campfire story was about a fellow that is having trouble getting around and his mate that had the decency to allow him to hunt on his land, the fluffed shot was added in as an "I fluffed this shot but I own my mistakes"...I found more focus on the part where JJHack was a good enough (read bloody terrific) friend to not only allow hunting but actually get off his backside and work to help a mate.

The winch is something I would have killed for when I was dragging roo carcases across the paddocks, particularly in irrigation.

And the piece on this thread I took to be a hackneyed attempt at a humourous swipe at the numerous premium projectile/small cartridge threads.

PS, "good God that hit" and "how the heck did that miss" shots happen, some people can own them and move on without feeling the need to dissemble.

(This thread has got boring so I am going into the kitchen to toast some bread and fry some bacon, mushrooms, zucchini on toast)
'STUART,

[bleep] Yo Couch!

Harden The [bleep] Up.

Just Sayin'.

Laffin'!

Gotsta go gun a new CZ Hummer zero,with the newly arrived 25MOA 1913 rail/Fixed [bleep] Combo.

[Linked Image]

Write this down and in this order of importance...without [bleep] it up:

1) Placement

2) Boolits

3) Headstamp

Hint.

Stick, should I ever win Lotto I am going to make a point of visiting you and your family for some hunting and fishing...and to get you to show me some of that country you have around there.

Regards.

James.
I didn't (couldn't bring myself to) read the OP. I assumed, like every other post by/about him, that someone took one in the ass. Apparently this time it was a bear? I would bet that somewhere in the story is a reference to his pastor and/or christian beliefs and the standard health issues/misfortune he always touts.....

Stick, received confirmation from Chesebro today that my annie would soon be inbound. In the meantime, picked up a vintage 40x that not surprisingly shoots 10shots in the .2's at fifty. Ordered a 20 MOA rail and trying to decide between the fixed 16x and 20x now. I think a mickey is in order as well as a hack saw and a new crown. 26" makes the balance a clusterphuckk.

Gotsta go gun a new CZ Hummer zero,with the newly arrived 25MOA 1913 rail/Fixed [bleep] Combo.

[Linked Image]

I've got an order to make. Thanks!
let me know how your 452 shoots. what length barrel?
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
I don't think that Safariman was trying to hit the bear in the hips, nor was he saying that he is not a good enough rifleman--rather simply that the bear moved when he was shooting, so he hit it too far back.

My only observation is that a hip shot on a black bear could be made with most rifle using good bullets, and as such I disagree with the premise that a big magnum saved the day.

I think the saving grace was that he did hit the hips and broke the bear down, so that it couldn't get away with a lung shot only. I actually wonder how the story would have ended if the shot happened as originally planned, with the bullet angling up through the lungs from a steep raking angle. I could see that being a real rodeo.

Are you saying the bear wouldn't have died fairly quick if the bullet had went through the lungs? Granted, I've never shot a bear but I've busted lungs on a bunch of deer. They may go into 4-wheel drive as some say but I don't think one has ever lived more than a minute or so (at the outside) afterwards. Certain that none have required another shot, much less two the next morning.

Dave.
jm,

20x Super Chicken is too dim. I had one and wouldn't buy another.

6x, 10x, and maybe 12x for me. Have a 3-15x Chicken that I'm going to sell and replace with Fixed Fuukkers.

Can't wait for my Chese-shutz to arrive too grin

Jason
The SWFA 3-9 glass is mucho nicer than the standard fixed power glass.
I plan to try one of those too Billy!

Jason

I sure like the fixed phuggers too. But the 3-9 kinda ruined me on them! And this coming from a former dedicated fixed power scope guy.
Thanks for the feedback PG. Tanner seems to like his too. Haven't heard anything bad about them. Been thinking about one for a 6mm-06.

I'm thinking 6x Chicken for a 10/22. More utility as Boxer says, plus the lower mag probably doesn't hurt image quality. Think the Chese-shutz would do well with a 10x.

Jason
'STUART,

You prolly wouldn't much care for the extreme cold and harsh conditions.(grin) Minutes ago.

[Linked Image]

[bleep] POS CZ hung in purty good,despite the swirling wind and I rattled 3 clusters back to back,under 1/2" at 100. That with (2) flavors of 17gr boolits. The Flyin' Ashtrays are a hoot up close,but the V-Max steals the show in rapid fashion,down range.

For whatever reason POA/POI is same/same with both 17gr loads,at 100. Nice "problem" to have.(grin)

[Linked Image]

Hope my Eelektrik Bloo stock shows in the next coupla days,then this dog will be hung. Gots a better one coming.(grin)

I ain't ever seen anyone,have more fun than me.

'mountain,

Good move squeakin' in on the Faux MSR,there's gonna be some whining [bleep]...when the Slow Crowd figures it out,wayyyyyyyy too late.(grin) He's learning,as pricing has bumped twice,in rapid fashion.

I'd suffer a single shot 40X 22LR in a heavy filled A5,as a Giggles Rifle. I've neither the 16 or 20x Fixed [bleep],so couldn't comment in the firsthand,regarding their total erector travel. I can like the 10x purty good and once you delve past that many X's,lotsas schit gets hinky and it's easy to just say "no" and ring the bell at 10x or less. BT/DT.(grin)

Happiness is hacksawing a [bleep] brake offa sumptin' or ringin' the bell in balance/handling. I've lonnnggggggg been at ease,in performing that Surgery.

In an A5,I'd be thinkin' 20".

'CUBIC,

Bob makes very GOOD stuff and I've beat the schit outta a few,affixed solely with the (6) set screws in the top. Would prefer a hole or two D&T'd to assist the warm/fuzzy,but I ain't puked one yet.

I wish he made a 50MOA version,so as to get closer to using up all the inherent goody aboard a Fixed [bleep].

I'll be burning his ears(again).

'ham1,

21" from boltface to crown. It shoots well,but is a typical piece of [bleep] schit CZ,in that it's rougher than a cob. Trigger has been tweaked Yo' Style and I'm thinkin' about D&T'ing a creep remover,instead of PMTJ shims.

Reminds of a Salvage,in that they're roughshod quirky [bleep],that I'd not wanna bet my ass upon...in regards to feed/function,but it do shoot. Play Toy,not a Work Rifle.

The one I got coming,will Bitch Slap it silly and then some.(grin)

'284,

A minute of 4-Wheel Drive,will do The Tracker NO [bleep] favors.

Crush axles and nothing can get "weird".

Hint.

4th,

The 452 Hummer wearing the 25MOA DIP rail and a 6x Fixed [bleep] MilQuad,zero'd at 125yds,has exactly 24Mils of ele remaining the erector. With 17gr V-Max,that's the 700+ yard line. Add the 10 Mils in the reticle and that's the 825yd line.

Wind may play a factor.(grin) Though in fairness,the reticle will grant 380yds of 10mph full value wind holdoff,again with the 17gr 'Max. Just sayin'.

I'm so [bleep] done with variable glass.
I'm beginning to think I need to get an SS 6x to play with.
Boxer,

Sounds like the 17 is a wicked little rifle, and 24 mils leftovercrazy!? That just ain't fair... like an uber-rimfire! I'm surprised that it likes both varieties of bullets. The few Hummdingers I've shot had definite preferences although all were really accurate. Will be interesting to see if it does even better with the new stock.

I do appreciate the honest feedback on the corncob CZ, though you know the secret CZ whistle was blown? The CZ Army will be along here shortlygrin

I'm going 6x for the 10/22 in Frankendork stock, and 10x for the 1407R. The 3-15x Chicken has been an interesting trial but its going away.

PS - where did the uber-magnum dude(s) go?

Jason
'math,

I hear good thangs in F&S,regarding the 6x Fixed [bleep],that wears the MilQuad reticle.

4th,

The Flyin' Ashtray's BC,do it no favors...especially when a "good" .17cal BC is still schit.(grin)

There must be an Imagination & Pretend Convention at the Jerry Lewis Telethon and they's looking for the "bounty".

Laffin'!

"'284,

A minute of 4-Wheel Drive,will do The Tracker NO [bleep] favors.

Crush axles and nothing can get "weird".

Hint."

Agreed, but shooting an uber magnum that you can't shoot for [bleep] don't either.

I wouldv'e shot for the front shoulders to. Just sounded to me like he was saying the bear woulda been alive an angry if the lungs had been taken out.

Best post of the thread.

"Holy Smokes,

3. Phoned a friend.
4. Went home.
6. Friend found bear.
7. Friend killed bear.
9. Friend hauled bear.
10. Friend gutted bear.
11. Friend skinned bear.

by me."

Rollin.

Dave.
I plan on taking my CZ Hummer mule deer hunting next Fall.

Hard raking shots will be avoided but anything else is gonna be meat in the pot!

[Linked Image]

Placement will be key.

[Linked Image]

100 yard load workup.
(again 300 WSM left, Hummer on right)

There might be something to smaller cartridges being easier to shoot?

[Linked Image]

Fine tuned load here boys, advantage of minimus runout and proper primer selection.
(3 shots, again at 100)

[Linked Image]
Good report. I learned a lot.

That wsm's brass makes it look fat.
You can always enjoy a hummer......'specially if it has a tongue stud.

It's early here.
The sun is not very bright......yet.

Hard raking shots will be avoided but anything else is gonna be meat in the pot!

[Linked Image]

Placement will be key.

[Linked Image]

100 yard load workup.

[Linked Image]

Fine tuned load here boys, advantage of minimus runout and proper primer selection.
(3 shots, again at 100)

[Linked Image]

I want to try the dime shot with my 9.3, but I don't think I'd find the dime after the shot whistle
Do me a solid? Find my bear and kill it for me? And clean it? Gut it? Retrieve it? Load it?

Travis
Originally Posted by deflave
Find my bear and kill it for me? And clean it? Gut it? Retrieve it? Load it?
Travis

I killed you a bobcat last year.

You want me to hump the hide to Havre, or should I just wait and send it when I shoot you a hog?
Wait until you can afford enough cable to pull it all the way there.
Wait until you can afford enough cable to pull it all the way there.

can I use paracord?
paracord ain't uber enough. Unless you have 10 MILES of it.
paracord ain't uber enough. Unless you have 10 MILES of it.

I'm close.

I've banked about 20,000 slings but if I tie them altogether, it should make it.

I expected to be able to turn these around when the paracord shortage hit, and scalp them like rimfire.

They are quality slings by the way, but some of them are pink.

Does that count against the uberness?
You had me at solid.......
UBER solid.

[Linked Image]

Placement will be key.

[Linked Image]

100 yard load workup.

[Linked Image]

(3 shots, again at 100)

[Linked Image]

Finally...Someone hit that phuggin dime..

Sammo, looks like you're using Fed primers. Consider a swap to CCIs and I bet that will tighten er up.

Serious question.... If I use a magnum primer does that make my rifle a magnum?
Remember that old commercial........

"THIS SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY...
PREPARED TO GET ANNIHILATED!
As Bubba Gump Shrimp and Weatherby
Present.....UBER BEAR DERBY!

But it's only this SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY !
Originally Posted by joshf303

Serious question.... If I use a magnum primer does that make my rifle a magnum?

That depends.....

Are you,
Your rifle,
And your load named after a dinosaur?

P.S. Having a European accent is +P.
Wages, I got a Hummer once.

And then I got married and for some reason they are now few and far between?

BSA, it's illegal to shoot money.
Photoshop is your friend.....just sayin'..........

Josh, mag primers in the Hummer is the only way to light that thing off!

UBERBOOM homerades!
Wages, I got a Hummer once.

And then I got married and for some reason they are now few and far between?

Just don't let your wife know about them! eek
If an old flame nicknames a body part something dinosouarish.... Does that count? Hint.... Starts with a T and has a dash and last word rhymes with Rex... Hint. She was UBER fun.

I dunno what is going on at 'Flave Precision. Ever since I've seen this post, I have been trying to get ahold if that guy to request it be chambered in something dinosouarish. He has my deposit, but all I keep getting in the mail is empty beer boxes.

Maybe he is working on something proprietary.
Originally Posted by RWE
Does that count against the uberness?

If you pair it with the right do-rag, it's uber-uber.
Originally Posted by RWE

You want me to hump the hide to Havre, or should I just wait and send it when I shoot you a hog?

Is it fleshed and stretched?

If so, please mail it to me. Hero shots will be posted promptly.

Travis
+1 on the do-rag! grin

I can't friggin believe how good I look in one�.!
Originally Posted by RWE

Travis

Are you guys still talkin' about hummers?

If so Dictator Bin might not like the 'hero shot'......just sayin'...

The good schit.

http://youtu.be/ohp_nmI_TFA
That is frikken' awesome!
I wanna be there for the monster BBQ Twinkie Cook off! laugh
Frikk yeah!

The comments are great as well

"BBQ Twinkie, Natural Lite, Ball Buster, for just 10 bucks. SOLID AMERICAN"
Frikk yeah!

The comments are great as well

"BBQ Twinkie, Natural Lite, Ball Buster, for just 10 bucks. SOLID AMERICAN"

Why didn't WE think of this stuff?

Oh, thats right�I'm not from 'that side of the tracks'�.

But I can see them from my house! laugh

Love me some BBQ'ed Twinkies!
I gotta get going but could frikken watch this chit ALL DAY!

UBERBOOM!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by RWE

Travis

I was just going to photoshop you over me.

You got tattoos? I don't want to F this up.
+1 on the do-rag! grin

I can't friggin believe how good I look in one�.!

No one else can believe you look good in one either!!

There's just something a little off about that pic, kind of like a hood rat wearing a stetson.

Now, if you had somw sweet tats to go with, that'd be more apropos.
Originally Posted by ironbender

I got a different slant from the yarn, namely that the original Campfire story was about a fellow that is having trouble getting around and his mate that had the decency to allow him to hunt on his land, the fluffed shot was added in as an "I fluffed this shot but I own my mistakes"...I found more focus on the part where JJHack was a good enough (read bloody terrific) friend to not only allow hunting but actually get off his backside and work to help a mate.

The winch is something I would have killed for when I was dragging roo carcases across the paddocks, particularly in irrigation.

And the piece on this thread I took to be a hackneyed attempt at a humourous swipe at the numerous premium projectile/small cartridge threads.

PS, "good God that hit" and "how the heck did that miss" shots happen, some people can own them and move on without feeling the need to dissemble.

(This thread has got boring so I am going into the kitchen to toast some bread and fry some bacon, mushrooms, zucchini on toast)

You're mostly right. The part that got under my skin was "the uber mag saved the day", when it didn't even kill the bear. I've heard that story too many times from "magnum guys". Of course 30-06 guys can be just as bad. I have a relative who once shot a beautiful buck in the neck at 90 yards, because that was the only shot he had. He then went on to tell me "I wouldn't have wanted anything else in my hands but a .30-06 for that shot". I didn't even know what to say. A Hornet could've brought that buck down with that shot at that range. I also get a laugh everytime a 30-06 guy says "I wouldn't have killed that fill in the blank if I'd been using a .270".
Agreed on the /06 guys.

The 7X57 guys are kinda' annoying also.
Originally Posted by SLM

Yeah, but more in an "extend your pinkie while you sip your soy latte" kind of way.
Originally Posted by SLM
Agreed on the /06 guys.

It is all in good fun, reality is that anything along those lines does the job admirably.
Originally Posted by SLM
Agreed on the /06 guys.

shocked shocked shocked

[Linked Image]
grin

I should probably own up about now to also owning a pretty Mauser in 7x57....

I think that I shall make that uber-superior rifle the center point of my next uber-big game adventure. This thing made 25 pages, maybe a good "ONLY a 7x57 Mauser!" story can rile up the good folks enough to get to 30! grin

UBERBOOM!!!!!!!!

Outstanding. Macho Man.

Holy Schit. I was dying laffin.
Left Jab! mofos.....

P.S. for some reason I have a craving for a Slim Jim.
I should probably own up about now to also owning a pretty Mauser in 7x57....

I think that I shall make that uber-superior rifle the center point of my next uber-big game adventure. This thing made 25 pages, maybe a good "ONLY a 7x57 Mauser!" story can rile up the good folks enough to get to 30! grin

Just be yourself....

That will assure it.

UBERBOOM!!!!!!!!

Outstanding. Macho Man.

Left Jab! mofos.....

P.S. for some reason I have a craving for SLM Jimmy.

Dood...............
We're going sheep hunting Bro.
We'll be rammin'.
On the Lo-Line.

Sweet.... can't wait for the 'UBER-DEUCHE Chronicles'

We should team you with JeffO and Lee24... t'would be epic.... UBERTOOLS on Parade...
We're going sheep hunting Bro.
We'll be rammin'.
On the Lo-Line.

I'll be doing the rammin', not you.
I'll be behind you......
so we'll see about that.

Maximus
Hopefully you don't bring the UBER big, UBER fast, Trunktadactia.
I bring UBER EVERYTHING!
My life is UBER.
My cleats are UBER,
My gloves....

My winch is off the USS Missouri.
I could go on.....
My dicky....UBER.
My post count...UBER.

I see absolutely no instance or indication of where or how the caliber, powder charge, or bullet weight had anything to do with performance here. Any cartridge loaded with a good bullet (TSX, TTSX, Partition, A-Frame, etc.) from about .26" up on either the .308Winchester or .30-06 case would have provided comparably bad results with a hit through both hips. The bear would have still been down and still not been dead. The original shot taken would still have been well within range of those cartridges, too, so trajectory or power at target would not have been an issue.

There are a host of cartridges that would have provided equal performance with the same shot placement.

As to whether the shot would have been attempted had I a "lesser" cartridge or rifle in hand, the answer is an unequivocal "yes", and I would have certainly strived for better shot placement.
With a lesser caliber, the bear would have been less dead the next morning. This should be a wake up call for all of us. Time to get an uber mag!
Originally Posted by moosemike
With a lesser caliber, the bear would have been less dead the next morning. This should be a wake up call for all of us. Time to get an uber mag!

The bear was apparently very not dead the next morning regardless, thus the need for a tracking job and the killing shot(s) with a .44 magnum.
Originally Posted by 4ager

The bear was apparently very not dead the next morning regardless, thus the need for a tracking job and the killing shot(s) with a .44 magnum.

My post was satire. wink
Originally Posted by 4ager

My post was satire. wink

Oh, I know.
I bring UBER EVERYTHING!
My life is UBER.
My cleats are UBER,
My gloves....

I could go on.....

[bleep]' dyin'...

Travis
I bring UBER EVERYTHING!
My life is UBER.
My cleats are UBER,
My gloves....

I could go on.....

Uber beard is the only thing that counts. Silly goose.

UBERBOOM!!!!!!!!

Outstanding. Macho Man.

Left Jab! mofos.....

P.S. for some reason I have a craving for a Slim Jim.

Slave was just diggin his turtleneck...

Ole Macho Man did creat quite the character...

.625 x 10560 Wynchasaur ?
Close.

Slave was just diggin his turtleneck...

Ole Macho Man did creat quite the character...

It was a dicky...
Gruff's beard is the grail.....
I would never attempt it.
Forget a rifle. I'm just taking Slave with me on my next hunt. His total and complete UBER-ness will cover all conceivable bases.

We will have separate tents, tho...
You'd be an uber stain on the ground. His uber powers simply canNOT be accurately described or proscribed.
Plus I am UBERMORMON, so I got that going for me in your loc.

P.S. I will still drink all your beer.
I love this thread!
With Uber-wives and uber holy underwear?
Sometimes my holy wear sticks out 'round my neck.
Some make fun of our kind, but the multiple wimmins counteracts the bullying.
It's all fun n games till someone wakes up with a metallic taste in their mouth and their uber holy underwear on backwards.
Why would they have an uber metallic taste?
Uber roofie.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Dude... These clownshoes thought they knew how to sport a red bandana.

Welcome to class mothaphukkas! Consider yourselves schooled.

[Linked Image]

Dave
Need some Uner advice for my next hunt.

Which of these Uber Dino's should I use (if Slave can't come)?

And will they throw enough copper down range (if someone else is carrying a .44 Mag)?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It doesn't matter what you're shooting if you can rock out a pair of longjohns like this guy. Uber deadly.

[Linked Image]
i'm completely uber this thread. uberly.

uber and out
You boys are taking things too lightly.

It was pins & needles today.

[Linked Image]

Just sayin'.

[Linked Image]

That's gotta be one helluva raccoon.

Travis
Good thing you were packing a some uber heat.
It doesn't matter what you're shooting if you can rock out a pair of longjohns like this guy. Uber deadly.

[Linked Image]

Not since the BTE have I [bleep] myself so quickly.

Thanks.

Uber-Dave

[Linked Image]
that long john stain is uber suspicious...

Not since the BTE have I [bleep] myself so quickly.

I am right now.
Stop it you devils...

I shat like that a couple days ago.
I felt like it too.

Good times.
Uber times.
Originally Posted by Certifiable

Let he who hath not schit his pants, cast the first uber-stone.

Dave the Bapteest
Agreed. I am humbled.

[Linked Image]

That's gotta be one helluva raccoon.

Travis

laughing!

This thread is becoming a true Classic.
I think you are right Sammo, so its time to unveil the good stuff.

You don't need no stinking do-rag or sleeveless shirt and tats when you are this God Damn handsome!

[Linked Image]
I smell Varmint Poontang! laugh

[Linked Image]

You don't need no stinking do-rag or sleeveless shirt and tats when you are this God Damn handsome!

[Linked Image]

That goat has the proper curve to horns for the perfect Montana-rear-mount grip!

No wonder you are the Poohba of MT; as only a Poohba would have his goat custom built.

The 1700-era Impala were the most handsome. No doubt.

Have you ever contemplated a paper bag?

Travis
I am a little embarrassed about this high-fence fishing shot�.

[Linked Image]

That's the only variety you could find that would say the word "ouch."

Travis

The 1700-era Impala were the most handsome. No doubt.

Travis

You idiot. This shows what you know�we didnt have color film in the 1700s�.

[Linked Image]

Let the dog go for [bleep] sake.

Jesus you're sick.

Travis

That's the only variety you could find that would say the word "ouch."

Travis

I was thinking of a thingy transplant from this dude to remedy that situation�.

[Linked Image]
Who's the skinny guy with the mustache....

That's the badger's dick you moron.

Travis

[Linked Image]

kind of a creamy white color....thats gross.

[Linked Image]

Let the dog go for [bleep] sake.

Jesus you're sick.

Travis

I couldn't release the dog, she caught more fish than I did�.

[Linked Image]
Dang it Poo-Bah, you're going to give the dudes here in Texas phuggin' ideas with that high fence feesh picture. Bad enough we have HF and haybales around every corner. Just a matter of time now until HF and "trophy fees" on fish. crazy sick

That was me!

Im sure glad I grew out of that "phase"�. grin

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Dang it Poo-Bah, you're going to give the dudes here in Texas phuggin' ideas with that high fence feesh picture. Bad enough we have HF and haybales around every corner. Just a matter of time now until HF and "trophy fees" on fish. crazy sick

Dat high fence fishing was pretty fuggin sweet�.

Even my wife liked it!

[Linked Image]
Looks like all she has to do is smile and the fish just jump into her hand. wink
How's it going poobah?

Finally got around to shooting my 375h&h.

Very happy with it.

Ready for some big stuff...

Tony
Originally Posted by wrongway

kind of a creamy white color....thats gross.

You should be lookin' at my ass, not the earth.

Travis
Why is Ingwe looking 'away' in most of pictures? Trying to look reflective or is just a Seventies thing?

Remind you of anyone....

[Linked Image]
Looks like you took some cummy in the crummy
[Linked Image]
Looks like you took some cummy in the crummy

Only guys and gals from TN take it in the can you dumb bastard.

Don't worry. When you lose your virginity you'll figure these things out.

Travis
Isn't Ingwe Irish...?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Wet dream stuff right there Poobs....

I'm sorry, halfway drunk... Horny.....
Dont get upset, if thats the way you roll than good for you.

me I choose women, you obviously men and your a taker not a giver.

thats ok, we wont pick on you too much.

[Linked Image]

Dave

Doesn't get any sexier than that.

Dont get upset, if thats the way you roll than good for you.

me I choose women, you obviously men and your a taker not a giver.

thats ok, we wont pick on you too much.

Yeah right! A TN boy, driving a Mustang, that doesn't take it in the ass?

I'd have better chances of winning the lotto!

Travis
Isn't Ingwe Irish...?

[Linked Image]

Damn...

Aviators and all...

Travis
The proof is in the pudding, in your case the ass,
Originally Posted by SLM

[Linked Image]

Dave

Doesn't get any sexier than that.

The fuuck it don't.....

[Linked Image]

UBER-LEFT-JAB!
No offense BGG, you are pretty damn sexy.
I just dribbled a little.

[Linked Image]
Random pic on the internet.

I don't know who the hell that idiot is.

Taking the 'night' off and getting drunk!

First time in almost a month.

50 frikken degrees outside, whoo-doggies!

Cool car dude!

TFF!

Travis
You sexy sumbiches are stealing views from the NBTE!

WTF!

Taking the 'night' off and getting drunk!

First time in almost a month.

50 frikken degrees outside, whoo-doggies!

That's shameful...

No complaints on the weather.

Travis
You sexy sumbiches are stealing views from the NBTE!

WTF!

Is there anything sexier than us?

Travis
Speaking of sexy..

Where in the heck did Safari Man go?

Chit, has Ace even hit this thread up yet?

[Linked Image][/URL]

UBER-LEFT-JAB!

Dammit Sammo! Don't you know you gotta wear a wife beater T shirt and have a rifle named after a fuucking dinosaur if you're gonna be UBER anything?!
Where in the heck did Safari Man go?

Had to run to the phone. Needed help with...something.

Travis

This was earlier today and in the forecast for tomorrow...

[Linked Image]
.17 Rem?

Travis
Is this the 7th face of the BTE?

BD
No, this is UBERFEST.
Greetings Barbarian Dan, you are exactly right.
UBER BTE?
(without offensive and degrading female pics of course)

That was done with a Little, non magnum cartridge, something that seems to be forgotten in this pathetic thread...

Cool car dude!

TFF!

Travis

your jealous I have a 500 hp supercar, what you got a kia?

ha ha
Your mom know your up this late?
Originally Posted by shrapnel
That was done with a Little, non magnum cartridge, something that seems to be forgotten in this pathetic thread...

I doubt that.

I'm suspecting .222 MAGNUM.

Travis
Could be!

Damn, I'm feelin' UBER tonight!! Where's my [bleep]' dinosaur gun?

ha ha

Is that really your car? Wow! I bet it's expensive!

Travis

That's the badger's dick you moron.

Travis

SCORE!

Laffin.
Originally Posted by SLM

[Linked Image]

While I am a sexy beast, that guy there is a like a God damned dog soldier! Uber sexy baby!
That riding mower one where you are popping a wheelie always pumps my Maximus.
UBER BTE?
(without offensive and degrading female pics of course)

We got beard squared......
I'm still phoucing my UBER self. Once.
Originally Posted by SLM

[Linked Image]

While I am a sexy beast, that guy there is a like a God damned dog soldier! Uber sexy baby!

He does have some UBER nice wood.

[Linked Image]

There is a UFhoucingFO in this picture......
I am scared schit less right now.
Man your battle stations.....
I think the UFO says says "Titleist". Ingwe whacked a driving range badger. It's an outtake from Caddyshack.
Hey,
All you drunk phoucers,
I'm cleaning my bathroom bowl right now.
No schit. During cleaning anyway.

But anyway, while I sit here, drinking and typing.....
It's just cleaning away in there.
From a biscuit.

Magic.

Let he who hath not schit his pants, cast the first uber-stone.

Dave the Bapteest

Dying here! laugh

[Linked Image]

There is a UFhoucingFO in this picture......
I am scared schit less right now.
Man your battle stations.....

That's probably one of the first Kodachrome prints.
[Linked Image]

Sam is wishin he were this uber. grin
Is that a pre- 5,000,000 beers limited edition Gruff action figure????

Travis
Damn.
That Gruff action figure can spur my flank, anytime.
Sweet Geezus, No wonder the wimmin swoon.
Yeah, that be drunk 20yo in the middle of AK Gruff. Was even fit enough to smoke back then, laffin
I never knew I was sleeping with such a stud all these years.

What brand of shoe horn did you use to get those jeans on?

Travis
Crisco.

But that's nuthin on 'slave's bellbottoms and hair.

ha ha

Is that really your car? Wow! I bet it's expensive!

Travis

yeah, must suck knowing a guy in TN owns a car that is worth more than his single wide home in a trailer park.

yeah, must suck knowing a guy in TN owns a car that is worth more than his single wide home in a trailer park.

I'm pretty certain most things are worth more than your trailer.

But congrats on the car loan regardless.

Travis
Sorry, just funning with ya daflate.

dont take it personally.
Crisco.

Don't forget the herb......

dont take it personally.

You won't even register a blip on his GFY meter.
Don't slight him. He earned a GFY.

Dave.
Crisco.

Don't forget the herb......

Thought it went without mention? Uber assumption fail on my part.
Bellbottoms, hair......

mirror balls, Bee Gees...herbs...

Great Zot.

BD
Sorry.

Can't be. He looks really young in that photo. I'm thinking lewis and clark expidition
Stick Howd ya manage ta score a 452 W/wood like that...Ya must have your own private GunShop..GRIN...ScottyO.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Bellbottoms, hair......

mirror balls, Bee Gees...herbs...

Great Zot.

BD

Hey BD,
We had all that and Uriah Heep for a post.......
Easy livin'
Turn up the VOLUME!
[Linked Image]

Dude, if I was that sexy I'd F-myself to death!

Seriously, thanks for the morning wood.

Crisco.

Don't forget the turtle neck.

UBER hot.
Good morning Gents

smile
[Linked Image]

I see Ive missed quite a bit, but if you wankers think BGG is sexy ( and he is�.) try this dude on for size�.

[Linked Image]

I am sooooooooo lucky��.

( obligatory UFO in the pic�.I am not of this world)
Skookum poochez.
The rest.......eh......seen one, you've seen......one.
phouc! Hard to please this morning�.

try this�..I lost 116 pounds dragging that stupid doe up out of the breaks�

[Linked Image]
Got it all back though. No worries�.
And I thought the BTE's were full of hot ass!

Speaking of manly chit...

The new pair of track shoes finally showed up yesterday.

Rubber bottoms, short heel, UBER fast feet rockets designed for eluding mad cow.

[Linked Image]
I wouldn't be wearing those into town Sammo�it'll drive the wimmens so wild you wont be able to fend them off. laugh
phouc! Hard to please this morning�.

try this�..I lost 116 pounds dragging that stupid doe up out of the breaks�

[Linked Image]

You needed a 3/4 ton pickup with 17 tons of cable in the back, obviously.
Exactamundo!

Bulging tatted muscles would have helped too...

dont take it personally.

What a relief!

Good luck on your car payments!

Travis
Sam,

How the [bleep] do you wear boots without laces?

Travis

ha ha

First off�its' you're'�

Secondly, we have Shrapnel as the go to guy for the " I gots"�.

Whatever you have, Shrap can one up it. I hate him�.

Especially cause he sold a motorcycle I wanted before I could steal it�.
Sam,

Travis

Sammo is a real cowboy. You don't question them.
And I thought the BTE's were full of hot ass!

Speaking of manly chit...

The new pair of track shoes finally showed up yesterday.

Rubber bottoms, short heel, UBER fast feet rockets designed for eluding mad cow.

[Linked Image]

Sam,

Reminded me of this...

[Linked Image]

Dangers of Cowboy Boots

Sienfeld is gay. Sammo is not�.even though he has a .270 and a Malti-poo�.
I'd hump the schit outta Sam's leg.
I have some .270's, BTW. No leopard shorts, though. Yet.
Sam,

Travis

Laces are for those that cannot shed footware on the roll and light the afterburner. Sort of like physically impaired. Remember, the bear eats the slow guy even if shot in the ass.

BD
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Laces are for those that cannot shed footware on the roll and light the afterburner. Sort of like physically impaired. Remember, the bear eats the slow guy even if shot in the ass.

BD

A cop would have a better chance of catching me than a bear.

Travis
Can somebody please explain to me just what the HECK is going on here...?

All I see is

World Class Hunting Story
World class Cartridge
Hellacious pack out
Boots
and some Cock Talk.

Is this the new BTE? Is Slave booking safariman as his new PH? Does anybody know for sure?

Tanner
Is Slave booking safariman as his new PH?

I would PAY to see the video of that hunt.

[Linked Image]

Cool pic, Ingwe.
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Is Slave booking safariman as his new PH?

I would PAY to see the video of that hunt.

THIS SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!
PREPARE TO BE ANNIHILATED!
Can somebody please explain to me just what the HECK is going on here...?

Tanner

Tanner: this thread is when I finally decided to show the world how damned handsome and virile I am. Kinda like Flave�

Except this one is all about me�.. grin
And some damned fine looking animals you have, Sir.

You, well.....are you handy?
Still waiting for a picture of how "handsome and virile" you are. wink
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Still waiting for a picture of how "handsome and virile" you are. wink

How could you consider this anything but purely irresistible?

[Linked Image]
Ingwe "irresistible" may be a stretch. grin
Everything I wear nowadays has to be 'stretch '��.

I love yoga pants.
You in yoga pants,now that's irresistible! LOL!
You don't know what you're missing!
That's right and that's fine with me.

[Linked Image]

Is that a Flat head catfish,

Holding the Pike? grin

Sorry in advance
All I have to say is nice fish.....

Tony
Bunch of homos admiring themselves, wow
Originally Posted by Powerguy

[Linked Image]

Is that a Flat head catfish,

Holding the Pike? grin

Sorry in advance

You sure are being hard on Flatheads..... eek grin

[Linked Image]
Yes [bleep], you are disturbed.
Nice wart on your hand, you can have them removed you know?

A CavScout CWO pisses bigger than you. I'm sure he's just all concerned that you don't like his wart. Then again, I can't figure that he'd be compensating for deficiencies by living through the horsepower of a machine built by others.

YM, obviously, varies.

As long as you don't remove the stud from your tounge.
Your wife loves that stud.
Tennessee: Detroit with a hick accent...
Your wife loves that stud.

And your mom loves this stud.
Wrongways posts have a very familiar ring to them�.
Ya mean like lead hit with a leather mallet?

Yeah, but with less brains involved�.
You're being profoundly generous this afternoon!
Speaking of afternoon, I hope everyone is having a good one.

60F here, sun is shining, saw actual bugs moving around outside today.

Wrongways posts have a very familiar ring to them�.

They do don't they.

Wrongway Root on vacation.

[Linked Image]

Bitchin' car dude!

Betcha can't wait to be able to afford one!

Travis
Quit being a little bitch deflate, your jealous of my manhood.

And your not funny, your sense of humor is lame.

Sockpuppet dead give-away.

Wow. I'll bet that hurts him deeply.

Wow. I'll bet that hurts him deeply.

His feeler aches...
Well, illiteracy is sometimes painful. To someone.
Smells like ole KbruceM7kid to me...

(Think that was his handle....)

Don't be ridiculous. You and I both know your inability to afford the car in your avatar, is nothing short of hilarious.

Travis

[Linked Image]

Uber [bleep] stain there bud

Don't be ridiculous. You and I both know your inability to afford the car in your avatar, is nothing short of hilarious.

Travis

Sort of moot since he isn't even old enough to drive right?

Travis

Proven Prius Owner, OBama Voter, Gay Rights Advocate....
Originally Posted by Seafire

Travis

Don't kid yourself, wrongway isn't even voting age yet.
Ahhhh.........Yeah, thanks for that visual, I think Ill go stick an ice pick in my eye now crazy

[Linked Image]

your not fixing to check her oil are you?
Originally Posted by Seafire

Don't kid yourself, wrongway isn't even voting age yet.

ha ha, you fools, I can afford way more car than I have in my avatar, that car is my everyday run around car, by the way travisty, its been paid for in cash.
and I didnt vote because no matter what we all lose, obamma, hes a friggin pos joke.
gay rights? No I hate gays too im not the one with my boyfriend stain on my sweatpants.
Did you finish your homework yet?
Is wrongway that chicken legged [bleep] that still lives with his mommy even though he is like 40?
Yes,I think so.
Ahh,

That explains it. It's his mom's car...

Seriously, I only see middle aged broads driving Mustangs. All the old guys drive Vettes or classics...
Ahh,

That explains it. It's his mom's car...

Seriously, I only see middle aged broads driving Mustangs. All the old guys drive Vettes or classics...

Nothing wrong with Stangs. I've had three of them. There is something wrong with tweens pretending online though.

It would have died with the .223 and .243, just as much.
Your joking right?
Originally Posted by tzone

It would have died with the .223 and .243, just as much.

Dude, come on.....
UBERFAST .223/.243......
and a finisher....
Later.
Sleeveless.
Your joking right?

Any chance you're going to learn why your signature line and nearly every post scream of ignorance?

<patiently waiting for some witty response>
Your joking right?

No, I'm not.
I just don't think anyone could have predicted the direction this thread went.

Where's Boxer when you needm'?
Originally Posted by tzone
Your joking right?

No, I'm not.

no, come on,

really?
Pretty sure manconley and wrongway live under the same roof.....
And im pretty sure your stoopid.
Travis,

For the love of 500hp 'Stangs, first-cousin shotgun weddings, Pabst Blue Ribbon and all things holy, I beg of you to teach your adopted son some semblance of the English language the next time you get together. I know you don't have much to work with and expectations are remarkably low, but I'd darn near piddle my britches if the lad could somehow begin to understand that you are = you're. I'll even buy the donuts and a brand new Lamborghini poster to serve as motivational tools, if you think they'll help. I've got cash money and can afford way more poster than that, but mom says it's a start.

Uber-GFY

smile

Agreed.
+1.
Dittos.
Uber.
Preach it.
LARGER.
Amen.
FASTER.

P.S. The bear wasn't that glad....as he lay there.....all night.

bump
Thanks 'slave, for reviving this bitch so I could shake my head until my neck hurts! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!

I'm annihilated! What a great way to piss away a few hours.
Please let this die.....
uberer
The UBER-est cluster f u c k in all of Campfire history.

Tanner
He
'seen the bear one more time while the season was open, at 500 yds. so he held his rifle"....hmmm....then "he seen it a few days later" when he shot it was the season closed? Is he a poacher too?
Originally Posted by pointer
Tough crowd.

[Linked Image]

Or muse Booner Rubs.

[Linked Image]

Bald forehead or not, I think I'd have to shoot that one. It's ears look 3' apart.

Good bear, too. smile
6BR 95 Ballistic Tip thru vitals, perfect at a safe 350 yds

My first thought was 270/150 Partition before I read Brads post

For UBER - 6.5x55 156 Oryx

Looney as myself - 6.5BR 130 Accubond
Above in a 260 proven on bear much further
Hint re-hint

My old OKH used 225PT 2670 known to bust off shoulder on elk at quarter mile and exit.

Cannot wait to see all the Big Bear Big Stick slays w his Little Stick 6BR Montucky - puny 105 Amax or Skinners no doubt!
Uber
© 24hourcampfire