24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Book Recommendation: Nuclear War: A Scenario Cheyenne 04/21/24
Jacobsen's book discusses the possibility of a nuclear armed satellite super-EMP device detonated 300 miles above Omaha that would cover the landmass of the entire US. Aside from the power grid going down, one immediate problem would be that all modes of conveyance that "fly by wire" (just about everything these days) would be without any controls, pretty much causing every vehicle in transit (planes, trains and automobiles) to crash. That's why DOD doomsday planes are 747s that fly by foot pedal and yoke. (Of course, those ultimately will run out of fuel and crash after implementing whatever retaliatory measures they can.)

Albert Einstein is credited with saying something to the effect that he did know what weapons would be used in World War III, but that World War IV would be fought with sticks and stones.

I don't see much reason to lose sleep over it. I just thought it was interesting. If the ground starts rumbling in my vicinity, I can look up and see if ICBMs are taking off. smile
12 818 more...
Re: BREAKING Fetterman says need for Safe,Pure,Taxed marijuana HawkI 04/21/24
Smoking pot is as "safe" as smoking cigarettes.

The same people that booed cigarettes off the stage want to legalize pot. Effing idiots.
71 4,670 more...
Horses and ATV's Jump to new posts
Re: ATV value - help needed Snowwolfe 04/21/24
UPDATE: Listed it for $6K and it sold within 2 days.
9 1,572 more...
IC B2
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Grand Reopening Sale - Special Deals on reloading components - 38 cal 158gr JHP 7.4 cents RavenRocksPrecision 04/21/24
Thanks for all the orders so far. We'll keep trying to bring good deals to market.
9 1,173 more...
Re: Bought my first can of Kroil !!! TreeMutt 04/21/24
I asked a guy who ran an auto repair shop/inspection station for 50 years about mixing grease that have different chemical properties....internet gurus claimed that lithium, etc. shouldn't be mixed. He looked ay me as if to wonder what the hell I was talking about.

This in regards to boat trailer wheel bearings. I used to use bearing buddies that recycled grease. I have since quit using these after various problems. He scoffed at the suggestion you can't use different types of grease. IOW, "grease is grease" I'm no expert but apparently he is, as he ran a very successful business for half a century.

I think the same can be said for kroil vs other, like penetrants, lubes, etc. I try to use non-toxic when I can for everything but in the past used every gun cleaner/lube under the sun. Although some are apparently job specific as the WD in WD40 stands for water displacement.

MAGA!
82 6,016 more...
Horses and ATV's Jump to new posts
Re: Honda Rubicon DCT trans Snowwolfe 04/21/24
Picked it up two weeks ago. Hasn't seen much use yet but I have noticed the trans shifts much smoother each time we use it. The wife absolutely loves it. She calls it her electric ATV as she said it is so smooth and quiet compared to the Brute Force. My plan is to buy a second ATV after we move and the Grizzly 700 with the winch and mud tires is my first choice. Like the Honda so much am considering a Rincon instead.
13 3,504 more...
Re: Catfish Bait Riverc 04/21/24
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Chicken guts, chicken livers, worms or chopped carp chunks for blues and channels.

Little smokies breakfast sausage on jug lines are good in the summer.

I haven't tried Little Smokies yet maybe I should try some on my juglines and see what happens.
55 3,252 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: Phil Shoemaker - A Bear Pistol Question: PaulBarnard 04/21/24
Originally Posted by Cowboybart
What would have happened if the 9mm hit a rib and deflected or stopped???

A rib is not going to stop that bullet. In fact rib splinters may help create a little secondary wounding. The bullet may deflect some, but will still find the vitals. I don't know that from shooting bears, but I have done enough reading and video watching to strongly believe what I wrote to be the case.
85 13,476 more...
Re: Was Jesus God incarnate…? Huntz 04/21/24
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Ringman
Huntz,

Jesus didn't elevate Mary above other people; except to choose her for His birth.
And he most certainly did NOT make her a co-redeemer. That's Jesus and Jesus alone.

No one said he did. No one said that she was . Some people read and do not understand .Some people see and do not believe and some people are oblivious to the truth . Jesus made the blind see , but many here are blind to the truth .

What is this truth of which you post?

While I am asking, who is the Mary who is not Mary?
There is Mary mother of Christ and Mary Magdalene . It is Mary Magdalene of which I speak . She wrote her own Gospels . I never mentioned praying to Mary . Reading comprehension is very low here.
65 3,586 more...
Turkey Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: early and late decoy strategy help requested DeanAnderson 04/21/24
I know what you mean about hunting pre-green up! Birds can see a long way...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
16 1,287 more...
IC B3
Re: BREAKING Fetterman says need for Safe,Pure,Taxed marijuana Jim_Conrad 04/21/24
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Blackheart
We need the gov't to secure our border and stop trampling on our rights a hell of a lot more than we need legal pot.

They are not mutually exclusive.

That's right.
71 4,670 more...
Re: Retired today!! CCCC 04/21/24
Well done - seems as though you surely have earned this great freedom and enjoyment. Your plan to be active is excellent and will serve you well.

In retrospect, I finally just traded a bunch of organizational leadership responsibility for the challenge of how to best use each hour/day/week of the time remaining. The drive to accomplish does not diminish, but the change of focus has been very rewarding.

All best wishes to you in your new endeavors.
83 4,471 more...
Re: I bet they wished they owned a pitbull Salmonella 04/21/24
Originally Posted by WAM
I had a big black Lab that would have put him on the run the second he put his foot in the door. Get a big black dog. Groids are skeered of them…

+1

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
21 2,064 more...
Re: BREAKING Fetterman says need for Safe,Pure,Taxed marijuana Dixie_Rebel 04/21/24
Legalizing drugs is a horrible idea that should never be accepted or promoted!!!!!!!!!!
71 4,670 more...
Re: BREAKING Fetterman says need for Safe,Pure,Taxed marijuana TimberRunner 04/21/24
The problem with legal pot is every where you go, it stinks like pot.
71 4,670 more...
Re: Catfish Bait RHClark 04/21/24
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Hard to beat shrimp IMHO.

Shrimp is my number one for bought baits. I do prefer skip jack herring fillets when I can catch some. I used to go below the Wheeler damn on the Tennessee river and catch 100 skip jacks for bait every spring. I would fillet them, cut into chunks and bag and freeze in one trip size.
55 3,252 more...
Re: Bought my first can of Kroil !!! Jim_Conrad 04/21/24
Originally Posted by Riverc
I hear it works good but too pricey. PB Blaster and Lucas penetrating oil work good too at a cheaper price.

How many rusted bolts do you encounter that would warrant a cost benefit analysis on "penetrating" oils?
82 6,016 more...
Re: Vegetable Gardening Advice Sought 1beaver_shooter 04/21/24
I usually leave them alone and still get more zooks than I can eat
34 2,217 more...
Re: Catfish Bait Hastings 04/21/24
Originally Posted by RHClark
Originally Posted by Hastings
Blue and channel cat can be caught on chunks of cut up fish or small shad. The cat that everyone seems to want is the flathead or Opelousas cat and only bites live bait. Little bluegill bream or goggle eye are the best live bait and are easily caught. Goldfish will work but expensive if you are baiting 100 hooks. I'm talking about trotline bait, not rod and reel.

I've caught more than a dozen flatheads between 40 and 70 lbs. on skip jack fillet chunks. I have never caught one on live bait but know several who have.
I'll take your word for it but I've never caught one on cut bait, only live. Except one time I caught one one a shiny stainless hook and nickel plated swivel with no bait at all. I had run out of bait and left that hook bare. The water was running pretty hard so I guess that hook and swivel were shining and shaking.
55 3,252 more...
Muzzleloaders Jump to new posts
1x Muzzleloader Optic dye7barrel 04/21/24
Is anyone making a decent 1x scope these days? Looks like Vortex discontinued the 1x24 Crossfire a few years ago. Internet searches have not turned up anything of value.

Thinking a red dot may be the best option for a 1x optic. Any recommendations?
4 448 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: JB/Mule Deer Dirtfarmer 04/21/24
Yeah “farmer tight” at certain places on the tube, not good.

That’s why you see inch pounds of torque recommendations for mounting scopes.

But who measures torque. Crank’em down tight. This sucker ain’t gonna move now. I got this. What? It ain’t working right. Scope must be defective! Not me, of course.

DF
20 3,146 more...
The Lefty Forum Jump to new posts
Re: Left hand TC .54 muzzle loader Snowwolfe 04/21/24
Originally Posted by Rodney482
You have a buy it now?

No, and someone has already bid on it so can not add one.
9 785 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: New 1911 COLT marked 45 acp magazine dajudge43 04/21/24
BUMP........
4 519 more...
Re: Senate Passes FISA-702 Extension Seafire 04/21/24
Sell out # 999,999 by the people supposedly running our nation, with their excuse of it will protect our nation, while it will only benefit the Feds, AGAINST American citizen... while those clowns get rich selling our nation out, by ignoring the public trust put into them.

Do we blame them or ourselves for putting them in office.

Each one in support of this crap, should be called back home and their job taken away from them, and replaced...

but wannabe politician liars are a dime a dozen... so all we'd get in return is more of the same.

We pay politicians waaaay too much. they shouldn't be paid at all. that would probably cut down on the number of liars and cheats in office.
40 2,658 more...
Re: Vegetable Gardening Advice Sought The_Real_Hawkeye 04/21/24
LOL. grin
34 2,217 more...
Page 463 of 587 1 2 461 462 463 464 465 586 587
AX24

613 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 77 invisible), 2,650 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,477
Posts18,471,593
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.