To Dirt Farmer:

I am a USA farmer. We have become pretty diversified in our farming operation and even have made some custom gunstocks. Our farm is listed as a tree farm. We do some truck gardening too, some beef still, but producing cherry and oak timbers and the like is an important portion of our farm revenue. Wild hogs and Coy Wolves have both taxed us in farming in several locations and has, required some hunting to control damage and both can be tough targets! .243 is the usual round for for "coyote" and wild hogs, I use .257 more for deer. I also had a .257 Weatherby Magnum but that round was better for someone going on African Safari than me as a farmer and the Weatherby rounds were mega expensive. My brother still has his .257 Weatherby, but I prefer the .257 Roberts! For years we have also been in the farm aquaculture business and it is one of the most important, although frustrating aspects of farming. Ocean farming supplies MOST of the food fish worldwide and I played a role in that industry, specially Atlantic Salmon ocean pen farming.