Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Old thread, new update.

I finally fitted the Brux 700 .257R in a Hunter's Edge. Got it here unpainted on the Fire store thru Rick, did the glass work, sent it to McM for paint. Notice how I filled in the oversized bolt handle slot, cut it for a custom fit. I also contoured the bottom of the stock so the floor plate and stock are flush. Floowplate fits in a recess, the sides were a bit too high.

I chose Dark Flat Earth with Olive specs. Had seen one here on the Fire and liked it. Got it back today after about a week at McM. I had taped the pad and bedding which, IIRC, saves around $35. They did a great job as always, no charge for the paint, just return postage. I just put it back together, remounted the Conquest 3-9x40.

The Ti take off stock had a straight, high comb and was thick, had to use high LW's; I like low better. To me, the ergonomics of the Hunter's Edge is about ideal.

I had picked up a factory take off plastic injected molded stock, painted it camo with webbing. It's too limber to free float, has to touch the barrel at the tip. Those don't glass bed very well. I found that accuracy wasn't as good as the Ti, glassed and free floated. The Hunter's Edge is pillared, glassed and free floated. Gun should now be as accurate as ever.

Lighting or something in the shop with the iPhone camera caused a brownish tinge at the edges of the photos. Middle parts of each picture best represent the true color. The bottom photo shows the OEM Rem stock, painted and webbed.

My son sold the Ti take off on Ebay and is selling the Rem stock.

DF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The Hunters Edge is perhaps my favorite McMillian and this stock certainly compliments your 257. It was a nice looking rifle before in the Ti stock, but I think it looks even better in the new stock. And I do like the Ti stocks also.