That is a beautiful rifle!

I'm also a newbie when it comes to BPCR, all the fault of Jim (EvilTwin) who first whispered the siren song on these pages, then Greg (Crossfireoops) who led me the rest of the way down the Dark Path by letting me shoot his competition Sharps.

Instantly addicted, I wound up with a Shiloh Hartford Model of my own.

Having been a handloader for over 40 years, I, too, started loading for this rifle using the same tools and techniques I had been using for smokeless powder cartridges. I'm here to tell you that BPCR is another, completely different, critter.

For years I wondered why all the knowledge and skills of the "Old Dead Guys" wasn't being realized and the amazing feats of accuracy could not be replicated. Then I discovered the truth, it can't be done using the techniques we use for smokeless. Voila! (French for "lookit this sheit!") Do it the way the ODG's did it and impress yourself and everyone around you. grin

There are folks here on this forum, too modest to boast, who will also help with a nudge here, a comment there, an tip, or just tell you flat out you're doing it wrong.

Listen carefully to these guys, they know of what they speak. I could not be anywhere near where I am now without their assistance.

Best wishes on your journey. As E.T. says, "You're doomed!" grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell