ADDED advisory,...re: Blow Tube,...

Per Ranch :
* Maintain CRITICAL hour to hour ( or in the Summer 15 minute to 15 minute hydration HYDRATION levels) so you're exhaling very moist air.

Per Crossfire:

* Think about the process for a moment,...and ask yourself whether your trying to humidify the entire firing line,...or just establish a very damp cell of confined humid air, that being the interior of a long .45 cal. barrel. Forget "Blowing",....it's just going to disrupt your pulse rate.
*BREATHE instead, slow normal breaths....intake through nose, exhale through yer' yawp into your blow tube.
*Do NOT maintain conversation with your spotter or spectators,...you'll lose track and inhale through the tube, after making a decent shot,...and completely screw up the potential for a follow up repeat performance.

I've shot 60 rounds of heavy .45 caliber BP ammo (550 gr Greasers / 100 gr Goex) in cooler weather, ...my powder and bullet lube combination a good one and well matched, and not cleaned my barrel once.

Hotter weather's a different ball of wax entirely,...the BT goes into the box, and one leans towards DAMP patching after EVERY shot. I use a solution of 90% Isopropyl Alky,and Murphy's Oil Soap on an Arsenal patch. There's a vid of me cursing a too tight flex rod on here somewhere, I'd forgotten my loose fitting one,...

Now , a question for you, Sir.

Did you know anything about history and etiology of the caliber you were buying, when you first set out to get behind a Sharps ?
I'm looking across the room at a large box of Norma 45-120 as I type grin , and harkening back to my first BPCR,....same chambering.
That rifle taught me a LOT.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 02/11/16.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain