These balances have fascinated me for fifty years but never more so than now that I actually have four good ones. The more I study 'em, the more applications and test possibilities come to mind -- involving all components and equipment, not just powder and scales. Along with the three Zeiss and Leitz microscopes and bomb calorimeter already on hand for the Powley Center test lab -- plus of course the pressure equipment and chronographs -- the two balances that I intend to keep will no doubt make possible, easy, interesting, and edifying any number of little exploratory handloading tests and experiments. I'm excited about the prospects that they suggest and make possible for even the "ordinary" handloader with an urge to experiment.
<br>
<br>Two wistful wishes bother me a little --
<br>
<br>I wish Homer Powley were still around to enjoy and inspire some of these experiments. I really miss being able to talk ballistics with him.
<br>
<br>I wish Homer'd had his own such balance[s] at home instead of having been limited to the use of those where he worked (Frankford and Rock Island Arsenals, etc).

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.