Thought I'd throw in my two cents worth. I've been a metrologist for going on 20 years, and have calibrated thousands of measuring instruments, both electronic and physical/dimensional. I have always found the accuracy claims of powder scales more than a little "optomistic". Particularly the digital scales. When using any device with a digital readout, one has to add to it's basic accuracy plus or minus one count of the least significant digit. Since the least significant digit of all the common digital scales on the market is .1 gr, you have to take whatever the specified accuracy of the scale is PLUS add an additional .1 gr. The reason for this is the device has a threshold as to when to increase or decrease to the next digit. So a reading of 40.0 gr may be 39.96 or 40.05 etc... How they can claim a + or - .1 gr spec is beyond me. I've tried a couple of digitals, and I'm sticking with a good old balance beam for now. I use a digital to sort cases. The best thing you can do is get a good set of check weights that are certified, and cal your scale with them, check it often, and use that same scale all the time. The key is consistancy. Both enviromentally, and in your measuring technique. Also, the general rule of thumb in the calibration field, is that the instrument you make a measurement with, should be at least four times as accurate as the measurement being made. That is, in order to accurately measure a powder charge to within + or - .1 gr, you would have to use a scale that is accurate to within + or - .025 gr. Sorry for the long wind, I have "issues" on this subject!
<br>
<br>Jeff