UPS just delivered an unexpected goodie -- a digital electronic powder scale from Hornady, which I don't think is in the Hornady catalog in my files. I'll test it carefully, along with three other digitals and a slew of mechanicals, using a set of check weights that have been check-weighed to the nearest 0.01 grain and a standard form that I've printed with blanks to record the "weight" that each tested scale indicates for each check weight and each combination of check weights.
<br>
<br>It's growing increasingly obvious that I'm going to have to find another term to use for the check weights, since using the word "weight" for both the item itself and the number for its response to gravity frequently gets awkward at best and potentially confusing at worst ("the actual weight of the 5.0-grain test weight is 4.92 grains," for example). ""Standard," maybe. "The actual weight of the 5.0-grain test standard [etc]..." would probably be better.
<br>
<br>I'll let y'all know what I find about the typical accuracy that you can expect to encounter in your average or typical handloading scales.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.