grin grin grin Yeah Ken. I agree, but I do like to know about how some of this stuff works. I was just looking in one of my old bow books and came across this which makes a lot of sense to me: "The shape of the cam determines how the draw feels and also determines how much energy the bow stores. Bow engineers tweak the shape to make the do what they want it to. They can make it faster by causing the draw force to come up quickly as soon as you start pulling on the string remain high before dropping off into the letoff valley. That bow will store a lot of energy and has the potential to be faster than a bow that comes up to maximum draw weight more smoothly and slowly."

That is why I shoot Oneida's. They draw hard right from the start and only let off right at the end of the draw. So I can see why they might would shoot an arrow faster. So the new cam designs have taken this science way out there and it has resulted in faster speeds. That plus all of the other things that have improved as you noted. This is dang interesting stuff.

But I'm still trying to work through the Law of the Conseveration of Energy. My old school brain just won't let that go. But I'll try to catch up with you guys because I see a lot of younger guys out there doing some dang impressive shooting with this new equipment. They may not know why it works, but they sure know how to use it.

Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems.