Bob,

Thanks! I suspect you're right in that we're likely a lot more alike than different (truth be known, that's likely the case for most on this board).

Sounds like you've got "the spot" worked out to hunt, and that counts for a LOT.

As for recommendations, I'm going to give you the same recommendation I got from Dan and others - go to a good pro shop and shoot as many different brands as you can. Don't get caught up on or fixated on a name or even a single cam system vs others; just shoot stuff and see what speaks to you. You'll find one that works best for you, and that's what counts. There are a bunch of great makers out there now; Mathews, Obsession, Prime, Elite, Hoyt, G5, Mission, Parker... Hell, even Bear makes a damned great bow. It's pretty hard to go wrong, at all, and whatever fits/feels best to you will be "right".

So, you're hunting the Oneida at 60#? What draw length (28?), arrow weight and what speed? The reason I ask that is it's clear you don't want to lose the performance you're used to so if you can provide the speed and the arrow weight, we can back into an IBO range and narrow down the choices (perhaps just a little). If you're hunting that Oneida at 60#, 28" then it's going to be fairly easy to get the same performance at a much lighter draw weight; figuring out where is the next step.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.