Originally Posted by Calhoun
I don't know too many full time gunsmiths that would be put out of business by a $2,250 fee. That's just a $1/hour increase or so in hourly work, and that's if they are a 1 man shop. You really going to stop using your favorite gunsmith if they tack on a $1 or $1.50 per hour increase?
You're assuming, (wrongly IMHO) that every hour a 'smith is in the shop is a billable hour.. Not so - not even close.. For small one-man shops like mine this would necessitate a rather significant increase in the hourly rate. Or, if enough business isn't there, closing for good.

But I was thinking - it mentions only if "increasing the accuracy" etc. ... Seems to me my customers' rifles are 'way too accurate' and they'll want me to open the groups a bit..

And just HOW is the ATF going to "know" what the initial accuracy of any specific rifle is anyway?? As you said Calhoun - this is unenforceable.

We need to send this little item in the OP to every Congressman we have and raise holy hell.. With any luck, once the AIC gets his azz out of the White House and we keep TFP out, maybe Trump will overturn a ton of these little regulations and let business perform again..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!