Ok, I've been slowly wading through the long thread on SH about the inception of the round. Much respect for all involved and the overall way it's been handled. I love that the 6.5 GAP is spec'd, so to speak, as a low-pressure round run with full cases of slow powder, with long barrel life and brass life. Very cool.

I'm liking the notion to dupe the Xtreme more and more... in Gardner I trust, grin.... with the possible exceptions of the Vais brake, and the DBM setup. With the new, shorter-freebore reamer GAP switched to- at least new in 2014, which is as far as I've gotten in that thread- a Wyatt's would give me plenty of COAL. And I'd never used a brake. However....... guys who know rifles rave about the Xtreme, so.... might be best to follow the recipe <g>.

I like that the shorter-freebore reamer should work well with my Kimber's COAL limits too... oh my... a 6.5 SAUM Montana....

Thanks for the inspiration, guys. Should be ordering my 24" Blumlein #3 fluted 8.7 next week... and the Manners stock. Are reloading dies still a long lead time item?

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!