I got into this chamber earlier this spring after much research. You might also want to check out the 6.5 GAP facebook page for more info. I love mine, launching 140 ELD-M's at a miserly 3150 fps (could go faster easily).

Given one of your stated criteria as being availability of brass I hope you don't overestimate that! The next run of stamped brass may coincide with your build or it may not. The runs of the Hornady stuff are FAR from an everyday occurrence. Also, I am not sure it is the preferred brass; don't know cause it has not been available.

A lot of guys have to go the 300 SAUM or (better option) 7MM SAUM conversion route. Even then it is by no means a 'gimme' that it will be there the day you want it. Not trying to put a fear in you but, were it me, I'd want a stock in hand prior to the parts arriving...can't bare the idea of having a new toy that I wouldn't be able to shoot that day!! You might also want to start stocking up on some H-1000. Personally, I'd not consider this cartridge if I weren't willing to accept making my own cases.

You can get custom dies or just order 7MM RSAUM Reddings and put in the appropriate bushings. They work great.

Hope your project comes together for you.

Last edited by westside_benny; 08/22/16.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.