Trued up the action today. My hoof is busted so I needed to do something that didn't involve walking anyway.

This is the action jig I made. Making the brass tipped screws is a pain; the black Allen screws are hardened.

[Linked Image]

Here it is, mounted up in my action jig:

[Linked Image]

I use a mandrel to establish the the centerline of the action relative to the bolt race. I make them myself. It's finicky, as the ID of the bolt race varies by a few tenths between actions- or at least it has for the 3 I've done. Anyway, one of my mandrel a from a different action worked fine in this one, except that I had to reverse it. Cool!

Here's a video of the action dialed in in the jig. Hopefully it'll work.

I squared the action face, squared the lugs, opened up the ID of the threads by .010", and recut the threads.

I used the term "blueprinting" earlier. That's probably an overstatement as I didn't ream the bolt race and fit an oversize bolt. This is better described as a "truing", I think.

Other than building up the receiver (bolt innards, ejector, extractor, trigger, bolt stop, and so on) I'm about out of things to do until the stock and barrel are done.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!