I'm planning on shooting the absolute crap out of it, as I have been my 7 WSM's. Once I have the 6.5 GAP reamer and 7 SAUM go/no go gauges a new Bartlien is only $480... no labor charges... so that helps a lot. As I've started building these things myself it's changing my thinking about a rifle: it's now a chassis that holds a replaceable barrel <grin>. The Manners/ DBM setup appears to be a worthy "barrel holding chassis" and hopefully the Rem action and PTG bolt will prove worthy as well. They should.

Anyway, I do think the DBM will be nice for what I intend to be a high-volume rifle.

But, that ADL (blind) magazine setup sure looks clean and low-drama. And, having just bought the bottom metal for $275 (w/o mag) going blind or just using factory BDL bottom metal, which I have on hand as a spare part, I can attest would've saved me considerable dough.

Edit: I just zoomed in on the pic and damned if that isn't a BDL, not blind, setup! Still nice and clean, though a blind mag would be REALLY clean. I'm leaving my comments above so we can laugh at them. smile

Last edited by Jeff_O; 09/18/16.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!