Originally Posted by 700LH
No one on this end GAF if anyone likes it or not.
I have hunted and shot elk on public land, on private land. Have worked and spent plenty of time on ranches and private land that had elk there. Said critters were free to travel from Canada to Mexico if they so desired, but to try and say these hunts are truly free range is about as truthful as the Clinton campaign. I know a little about killing critters in that kinda situation.
Then again maybe that is how you guys see it in Texas, just don't expect everyone to swallow that BS.

You don't "know" jack schidt.

The elk out in west Texas are indeed free range.

Elk were all but non-existent in southern NM years ago. They transplanted a good number of elk into the Lincoln Natl. Forest and the Mescalero Apache reservation.

These elk range in the Sacrameto Mtns. now. As populations increased and food and habitat decreased, the elk moved along the mountain range to the south, following the Brokoffs, and into Texas.

If they moved 2-300 miles, it seems to fit the definition of "free range" to me.

They used to come through parts of our west Texas ranch as well. I damn sure didn't fence them in or out.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!