Glad to see this thread is not in the Elk Hunting section of the forum……..is there a reason…just asking?

I was invited by a friend once to whitetail hunt with him in Texas on a high fenced ranch. I remember riding the ATV to the shooting hut and climbing the ladder so we had a great view of the feeders. (Don’t know why they hadn’t installed elevators.) And by the way…….the hut was very comfortable with very comfortable chairs. I remember waiting until dawn when the bucks started appearing a few yards away under the feeders…nice big bucks. I didn’t pull the trigger…just wasn’t right for me. I have no problem with my friend who killed a nice buck that morning and was happy for him. Different strokes for different folks and I will not criticize those individuals who enjoy this type of hunting.

After reading through all of this thread I decided to Google Elk Hunting in Texas. Man there are some huge elk killed in Texas. I saw one site where they classified the bulls as Record Book 400-425, Monster Elk 376-399, Trophy Elk 350-349 and the lowly Colorado Elk 300-349……….priced accordingly. Accommodations were outstanding with gourmet meals included!

Another ranch offered kangaroo hunts……don’t know how they are scored…but may put it on my bucket list……….nah!

Maybe some of us judge Texas hunting….fair or not……by these things we read and hear about hunting in Texas. I am glad there are free ranging elk in Texas and hope they will continue to flourish as they are in other states…from Pennsylvania to Arkansas.