Wife shot a decent 6 point on Saturday. Bullet was the 245 PB. Shot was about 30 yards broadside. Deer ran about 30 yards and fell dead. Shrapnel all through the heart. Nothing on the other side of the heart. No branches were hit. .50 cal TC with 53 grains of Blackhorn (by weight)

Today I shot a deer with the same bullets. 25 yard shot with zero chance of hitting a branch. Deer took off acting like it wasn't hit. After searching for 45 minutes found a small tuft of hair then worked my way out to the direction the deer ran. Found a drop of blood, then another, then slowly more. Finally a dead deer 60 yards away. Bullet hit the right side and blew up the right lung. Bullet completely exploded and biggest piece found was about 20 grains. Left lung and heart were untouched. .50 cal CVA with 70 grains weight Blackhorn.

There ain't going to be a strike 3. Next year it will be my choice of Hornady bullet with a sabot or a Barnes. Less than 6 inches penetration with any piece of the shrapnel

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.