Originally Posted by saddlesore
This is the same story as all the guys shooting C&C bullets out of magnum centerfire rifles and then complaining the bullets don't hold together.

You are using a bullet that was designed to preform at modest velocities and over driving it velocity wise. Of course it is going to over expand or come apart.

If you want to push bullets from a ML in the 1800-2000fps realm,then buy tougher bullets.This isn't rocket science.

The whole concept of using muzzle loaders was intended to be a primitive season using lead bullets that were typically used 100 years ago or so. Now shooters are complaining that those type of bullets don't preform well in the newer inlines designed for mangnum loads.

No [bleep] dude, Already posted I didn't investigate my choice enough. I thought they were similar to Barnes and didn't realize it was a copper coated lead ball. How many times do I need to say it was my fault for picking them in the first place?
We are new to ML hunting and these were our first two deer killed using an inline.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.