Powerbelts have remained one of the top-3 selling ML projectiles, for like the last 25 years. The bullet benefits from not being pushed hard. I used 80 grains Goex FFF recently. That's my maximum charge - for my maximum distances are 150 yards.

Powerbelts would not keep/ maintain annually, that high retail sales rating across the USA, if they didn't do the job most-all times, when not pushed too hard or too lightly. For instance: They are not a bullet for magnum charges between 120-150 grains. They are not a bullet for 90+ grains volume charges of Blackhorn 209.

Again, don't use below 295 grains copper-clad. Don't use lead versions unless they are 405s on elk, 345 on deer. Any sized Platinum is a good bullet....ie.... 270/300/338. I have no experience using the Aerolites, but I trust poster BigBlock's advice on them.

What bullets am I taking to the woods tomorrow...... roundballs, Hornady XTP 300 in 44-cal for my Omega and Precision QT Polymer Tip 50/40 in 185 grain, which I will continue experimenting with in my 1:66 twist roundball gun. I'll reserve my 295gr Copper HP Powerbelts for muzzleloader season in December.

Everything I write about Powerbelts are only my opinion..... what I've experienced.

Last edited by GoexBlackhorn; 11/15/16.