Originally Posted by GoexBlackhorn

What bullets am I taking to the woods tomorrow...... roundballs, Hornady XTP 300 in44-cal for my Omega and Precision QT Polymer Tip 50/40 in 185 grain, which I will continue experimenting with in my 1:66 twist roundball gun. I'll reserve my 295gr Copper HP Powerbelts for muzzleloader season in December.

I never used a powerbelt, but I I'll add that you have at least 2 very tried and true and effective projectiles listed above.

I use RB in my 54 and its a hammer. The 300gn xtp jsut plain works. Every time. We've had some splashing (?) issues with the 240gn xtps. Not a huge %, but a couple of big deer were either lost or required more shooting and the initial shots proved to be superficial. I would still use the 240 or 250xtp, but I am typically a lung shooter. For shoulders or any angle, that 300 is a winner.

The Qt 40's are fun. I never went with 195's, I used the 250's a bunch. nice soft lead, accurate, flat for a non magnum ML shooter. Again, I use them behind the hsoulder or neck, not in the shoulder.

So anyway, yeah... +1 on your choices and guys can keep the powerbelts.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.