How big is the biggest pig that you have seen, either weighed or estimated, by measuring the diameter. I have seen several hundred probably more feral pigs that were killed by hunters. My buddies and I have probably killed 200. By measuring, or scales only two have weighed over 200lbs. One shot by me,260+-, measured, one by a buddy, 225lbs weighed. I have seen others at lockers etc, and only seen a couple that legitimately weigh over 200lbs. Texas Boars has quite a few pictures of one's 200-300lbs, but only 5 or so over 300lbs. I hear all the stories of 300lbs, but just don't believe them. Several years ago some guys we were hunting with, came to camp with one they said weighed close to 250lbs. BTW, The two of them had thrown it in the back of their truck. (I can tell you right now that two average guys will have a heck of a time loading a 200lb pig.) I said it wasn't nearly that big. It was a good one, I thought, about 150lbs or so. We weighed it and it weighed 167 as I recall. I think, most people over judge the weight of pigs, because they have little experience with them. How many really large, verified weight, pigs have you seen?

BTW I hunt in South Texas and the Texas Hill Country. It's dry and pretty hard and not lend itself to producing large hogs. Also, most are shot on sight, which might keep the size down I suspect that places where they destroy/ a lot of agriculture, they might grow larger

FWIW, I have had many people say that the larger pigs stink and that they wouldn't eat one. When asked, they admit to never having eaten one.
I will say that I have not found this to be true. The larger ones also bring more money from pig buyers for the restaurant's wild boar market.

"It's not how hard you hit 'em, it's where you hit 'em." The 30-06 will, with the right bullet, successfully take any game animal in North America up to 300yds.

If you are a hunter, and farther than that, get closer!