I had a 1999 Chev 1500 loaded extended cab, 5.3, 4wd, it was in the shop constantly. I finally traded it in on an identical 2003 (smart, HUH!) well, it was identical alright except it spent even more time in the shop.

Finally in 2011 with the Chev's transmission starting to give up I traded again. This time we spent days driving Fords, Chevrolets, and Dodges, it took us over a month to make a decision but we kept coming back to the Dodge 1/2 ton crew cab short box, 5.7, auto, loaded. What a difference - more horsepower, more pulling power, better fuel mileage, great ride - the only truck I have been able to spend 12 hrs or more driving, and at 83000 miles it has never been to the shop for anything except normal service items.

I pull a 27 ft bumper pull camper with it and where the Chev engines were working hard to pull it the Dodge 5.7 just loafs along - no muss, no fuss.

The down side of the Dodge is that they are not finished off quite as nicely as the Chev's were but I am willing to live with that trade-off.

This is the only Dodge pick-up I have owned but when it is time to trade I will be buying another one. A sample of one but I will be trying another one in a couple of years.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.