I have an '03 Duramax with 170K on it that's been real good to me. Stuck an injector at 14K, fixed under warranty. Dealer replaced injectors and glow plugs at 115K for a $500 deductible. I though that was a good deal.

I've gone through some ball joints and tie rod ends, but that's partly my fault for not springing for a real lift kit that keeps CV axle and tie rod angles flat.

Just got an oil analysis back and the engine is still running great. They suggested I could go 23K miles on this new batch of (synthetic) oil.

About due for a tranny/torque converter flush.

Yeah I have secondary oil and fuel filtration (since new), and I believe I am reaping the benefits now.

I've "built my own" on the mfg websites, and you can get a diesel into $80K territory. That's Porsche money.

I hope she goes another 170K. smile

Been a damned good truck. Just got back from ol' Mex with it.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine