I get a new truck every 5 years and I'm in the process of ordering a 2017. My brother married into a family that owns a bunch of car dealerships. I've always driven a GMC. When I was a kid, I worked at their Buick-GMC dealership for a couple of years. It drives my brother crazy because he's the GM at the Ford dealership.

I drive a 2500HD Crew Cab. In 2007, GM messed with the suspension and it was the first year for the 6 speed trans. That was the worst truck I've ever owned. The trans didn't work right and it rode like a piece of crap. It was so bad that in 2012 I almost bought a Ford. I ended up getting a GMC instead and they've reworked everything and it is probably the best truck I've ever owned. It rides like a Cadillac.

There's nothing wrong with a Ford though. I've rented them before and they're really nice. It's just a different flavor. The only problem I see is the durability of the aluminum body. I think that if you add a spray in liner and a rubber mat, it should be fine. I do that anyway.

I'm not a fan of Diamler Chrysler products even though I've got 5 Freightliners. They have their issues.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan