Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by walt501
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by walt501
Originally Posted by Terryk
Toyota is the most American. GM is corrupt, Dodge has poor track record.

Sending profits to Japan is American. News to me.

Internationally traded company, and the highest percentage manufactured in the US. You've lost this argument many times over, even as you continue to shill for the UAW.

Internationally traded company? Not in the USA. And I've yet to loose this argument, as you'll soon find out.

Yeah, you have - multiple times. You still haven't figured out what an ADR is, but TM (Toyota Motor Company) is actively traded on the NYSE, using an ADR for currency exchange.

You lose. Again.

Really, I loose again? Not so fast.

Actually, I do know what an ADR is because I dealt with them for decades. It stands for American Depository receipt, where banks hold actual shares of a foreign company and reissue shares denominated in US dollars. So no, Toyota doesn't trade on the NYSE or any other American exchange. Why? Because listing on our exchanges would require Toyota to abide by exchange rules, including opening the books to U.S. regulators. Wouldn't want that, now would we?

Shall we look at company ownership next and see which company benefits America most?

I'm beginning to think some here haven't been listening to President Trump's message. If you had, you'd never buy Japanese.

Last edited by walt501; 02/24/17.