Originally Posted by Orion2000
Have a friend who runs the service shop for a construction company. Total of 80 trucks in his fleet from 1/2 ton to 80K GVW that get used and abused everyday. Asked him what he would buy for a 3/4 ton 4WD farm truck. He said out of the current new model trucks, hands down, the new Chevy/GMC with 6.0 or 6.2 liter gas motor with the 8 speed trans. He spends 55-60 hours per week working on trucks. For a "work truck", the current GM gas motor trucks give him the least head ache and cost the least total $$$'s to keep on the job.

My cousin has three trucks he runs in his business. When he started he was friends with the local Chevy dealer so he bought three Chevys. They were in the shop a lot. At the end of three years he sold them and got Toyotas. They were never in the shop and at the end of three years they had better resale value. He's been running Toyotas trouble free for years.

I had three Chevys. My 1970 was so bad at eating starters I finally installed slip tips on the truck wires and did the same for the starter before I stuck into where it was bolted in. The 1974 was in the shop thirteen times in its first 10,000 miles. I got rid of it.

The I got a 1999. I ran it for 126,000 miles. In that time it needed three water pump replacements, three power steering pump replacements, the entire 4X4 computer system replaced, and one rear brake because of faulty factory workmanship.

When I remembered this I left the Chevy dealer. He called and asked about it. So I told him. He won't be calling again.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter