Originally Posted by gophergunner
Originally Posted by battue
Essentially the same rule went into effect in Pa with the exception of it being implemented by GC decree. We heard the same complaints, biological theories and predictions of Deer shot by mistake littering the wood. Didn't happen.

Took awhile, but now we are killing much larger antlered Bucks on average. You want nice Bucks then they need time to grow. You don't, fight it and shoot 1.5 YO.

Battue and I talked about this on a few occasions. I was dead set against QDM when it started. It takes a few years, but the result is a much more balanced deer herd, and nicer racks. It's tough to pass up those spikes. They do eat good, but it's for the betterment of the herd.

there is no room for logic in this debate. brown it's down is the rule and always should be!

actually in real life if you let deer live they get bigger. it's a crazy concept I know. bow everyone knows if you let a buck to live to be 6 he's likely to be dominant/big. he has to run a lot of gauntlets to do that, so it's rare. slam everyone else into a short season, highly populated means that HEY! you kill a deer, you're somethin'. a legal buck who cares, an antler is an antler. take the picture an forgetaboutit amIright? seriously though point restrictions aren't that bad in a hunting populous that can't control their trigger finger. (I'm speaking in generalities and not for everyone there). a point restriction on a limited term might be good

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.