Read most of this thread, my comments are that antler point restrictions, according to every biologist I've talked with say the same thing, they don't work long-term. In the short term you can save an age class of bucks, but all you do is shift harvest/kill "up" one age class.

IMO, the huge dead elephant in the room is that these types of ideas should NOT be done at a legislative level. Whoever the arsehole is that took this to the legislature should be run out of town on a rail.

There is reason why we pay biologists, and NOT legislators, to manage game.

Whether or not you agree with APR's, you should oppose this bill strictly on that. The correct way to go about these type of changes is with your Game and Fish/DWR, not the legislature. This should be vetted with the hunting public, not left up to a legislature that probably doesn't have but a couple that even hunt, let alone know whats best for hunters or wildlife. How many of your legislators know jack chit about wildlife biology? How many have degrees in wildlife biology? How many buy a hunting or fishing license each year? Yet, you want these type of people to write and pass statute that deals with the States wildlife resources? I don't.

I will just tell you that having dealt with these issues, its best to NOT let the legislature get involved. Its much easier to change regulation back and forth, than something that is in statute.

Last edited by BuzzH; 03/28/17.