Originally Posted by wldthg
Why is it important to have 1.5 year old with 10 points ?
But don't hold this against me.
Picking and choosing which 8 pointer to shoot or hold off for a 12 pointer sounds like today's standard that every one participating will get a trophy. To each his own on the way one hunts, But when age old laws are changed to satisfy a few ,it puts a thorn in my side.
Like I told my neighbor years ago that wanted all the land owners in his area to become members of HIS QDM area and he will set the rules on who is to hunt and what size bucks can be shot.------ Save your money buy up the 3000 acres ,start your own QDM with your rules and hunt it. Don't push your rules on me. A spike horn can be a trophy. Web

If you knew about management that you don't care about, a spike is a trophy, I kill every last one I see mostly. They are inferior.

I"m not doing what most assume though, I"ll harvest a large buck, but I'm using the rules to make the herd bigger, larger, healthier.

If you saw what it did down here, you would understand.

You can kill a bigger, healthier, more meaty deer every year. Even if you want only a spike or the first legal 13 inch wide deer you see. And along the way we have more does, more fawns and more and healthier bucks because its allowing nature to do what its supposed to, instead of letting all the pre teens breed each other and inter family....

Me, I've shot 2 mature bucks sicne the rules changed in 2004. The first buck I ever shot here, prior to that is to date a small one by comparison and young. But that was prior to the rules and when we rarely saw a deer. Now its rare not to see a deer when hunting or just around the house. Its actually rare not to see a legal buck every day I'm around and looking.

I fail to see how results like this would put a thorn in your side.

First few years I heard a bit of bitching...I haven't heard a single negative thing lately. From anyone.

Heck management has allowed us to have enough does where I could get a doe permit too if I wanted...

Of course I"m ahead of the loop since I own my own land already...

But they did it on public land that we hunt off and on too... nothing but positives there too.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....