Originally Posted by MadMooner
Geno - Not looking to move per se, just contemplating and curious as to others ideas of what constitutes the "best state". I'm here in WA for now and if I move it will be to the SE to be by family.

RC - That bait is rotten before it even hits the ground. Lol

Sitka - I like the sun.

257 - Always been fond of the Panhandle.

Honestly - New Zealand is probably as close as it gets to my ideal. I'm sending Trump a letter. We need a 51st State and Puerto Rico ain't gonna do it.

Gotcha,

For me their is no "best state" or I'd move there, assuming I could drag the wife. wink

Agree with your other post about BC. We could carve out Vancouver/Victoria maybe, Puget Sound shoreline south of Bellingham and continue on down all the way to Potlandia, Salem, Corvallis/Eugene. Maybe keep the area around Astoria down the coast, but cut them OR cities out. Then Start cutting CA off at the coast from the Bodega Bay area over east to Santa Rosa, across to Sucktomento and south on the West side of the Sierra Crest to SoCal . Maybe even keep going down the Pacific Crest trail to the Gulf of California, cut back to the coast on the border and annex Baja (kick the cartels out, the regular folks down there are usually pretty nice, tie TJ into SoCal) for the great fishing and Mexican food and give the snowbirds a place to go. Include AK on the North and I could just about call that whole area I described as the "best State", as I could hunt and fish for just about anything I need/want. Go to Desert, Real Mountains, Coastal rainforests, oak parks, Doug fir forests, and all the saltwater and freshwater places.

But, I've been called a dreamer.

When you do retire I hope you find a happy place in the SE.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?