MadMooner: Montana is the answer to your inquiry.
Just ONE, for instance:
Elk Hunting - Archery season starts this year (2,017) on September 2nd and runs through October 15th then the same archery Hunter can take up his Rifle and Hunt Elk from October 21st through November 26th - that is 66 (sixty six!) days of Hunting that one species!
AND... if said Hunter applies for certain special tags he can harvest TWO Elk and in some instances EXTEND that 46 day season.
By the way the Deer Hunting seasons run in concurrence with the Elk seasons here - so one can Hunt Deer (two species) at the same time they are Hunting Elk.
The fishing in Montana is YEAR ROUND and many say it has THE best fly fishing in the world!
I don't know that for sure as I am not much of a "world traveller" - but my bucks up friends who come here to Montana from Europe also concur with that contention.
I am a beginner fly fishing enthusiast (30+ years now) yet I have caught Trout on a fly in every one of the twelve months of the year - and the ice fishing (bait) is simply wonderful hereabouts.
We here in Montana enjoy boundless opportunities for Game Birds, Waterfowl (including Swans and Sandhill Cranes), Varmints, predators, Big Game and Small Game!
Big Sky it is!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy