Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by pointer
Though I prefer big game, I really like chasing upland birds/small game as well. For me, the best state that I've found is Idaho. In any given year you can hunt whitetail, mule deer, pronghorn, elk, and black bear OTC. Upland birds include 5 species of grouse, plus huns, chukar, quail, and pheasants. My ideal location would be somewhere in the south central part of the state. A good second would be the Salmon/Challis country.
Where did you find an OTC antelope tag?
Most of the elk tags in the south central area are by draw. The OTC elk are farther north.
I knew as soon as I hit post you'd want to bust my balls about the pronghorn part. I guess technically its not OTC, as it comes through the Controlled Hunt drawing, but there are units in ID that have unlimited tags for archery pronghorn hunting. Meaning that they could be hunted every year. I know you know this...

Likewise, my choice of south central was not predicated on the local elk units being OTC. But, it's a chit load closer than where I am and it'd be close to a whole bunch of other things that I'd want to do.